ok i have no idea whats going on

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe4550

Reaction score
im not getting any speed out of my max at the moment (55mph tops) then it starts to backfire to buggery and sputters when the vboost trys to kick in, and the engine is feels like its lagging and jumping aswell. im running with open super traps but thats all the mods iv got (i have changed the plugs, the oil, run carb and engine through the fuel system, sprayed carb cleaner in2 the carbs an fully cleaned them (not taken apart but cleaned)) its still happening any help is much appreciated guys!

thanks joe

make sure you don't have a leak in the intake manifold joints, that the carb rack is fully seated, that the air box is fully seated

how do i do that?

Take the seat off and put a voltmeter on the battery. If you're reading less than 12.6v with the engine running, it's not charging.

I don't think that's the issue though. Even running solely on the battery it should run more or less OK until it the battery starts to go flat and then it wouldn't restart.

Try the peashooter and shotgun (in the links section).

Was it running fine before and this just suddenly happened? Did it sit a while and now runs poorly?

Take the seat off and put a voltmeter on the battery. If you're reading less than 12.6v with the engine running, it's not charging.

I don't think that's the issue though. Even running solely on the battery it should run more or less OK until it the battery starts to go flat and then it wouldn't restart.

Try the peashooter and shotgun (in the links section).

Was it running fine before and this just suddenly happened? Did it sit a while and now runs poorly?

ok i will try the battery but i doubt its that because the lights are bright not dim (im sure thats a sign isnt it?)

was running fine then started about 4 days ago with engine lagg and then started this bullshit.

ok i will try the battery but i doubt its that because the lights are bright not dim (im sure thats a sign isnt it?)

was running fine then started about 4 days ago with engine lagg and then started this bullshit.

did u get a new tankful of fuel about then?? water in gas maybe??

yeah i did get new fuel after i ran the tank dry but that was 2 days ago but things have got worse since then, will change at the fuel filter and check the hosing to see is anything is blocking them, will let you know

Have you checked to see if the vacuum advance line is in place and the map sensor plugged in?

ignition coils ok? ignition wires ok? ignition coil to plug connections ok? plugs getting sparks? ignition unit ok? ignition unit connections ok?

might be worth takin the carbs fully apart and cleaning, then re-sync.

Have you checked to see if the vacuum advance line is in place and the map sensor plugged in?

where can i find this?? i know my way roughly around the bike but not brilliantly.. just have a haynes manual owners manual ect ect

You're running regular 'ol NGK plugs right?

yup brand new

ignition coils ok? ignition wires ok? ignition coil to plug connections ok? plugs getting sparks? ignition unit ok? ignition unit connections ok?

best way to test? just a ammeter?

might be worth takin the carbs fully apart and cleaning, then re-sync.

bugger thats a garage jobby me thinks ill try everythin else 1st

cheers guys

where can i find this?? i know my way roughly around the bike but not brilliantly.. just have a haynes manual owners manual ect ect

Left front cylinder. The V-Boost manifold has a nipple with a rubber line connected to it. Check to make sure that its connected. Follow the line up to the map sensor and make sure thats plugged in too. Also verify you have the check valve plugged in the right way.

best way to test? just a ammeter?
just make sure the connections are solid and pins aren't corroded. use multimeter to verify connectivity through wires and through connector pins. place plug and boot on motor, turn over bike, and make sure there are sparks.

fuckit its goin back to the garage i bought it from an they can fix the fucker!

Latest posts

Back