ok the gen 2 is srsly bad

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattness

Reaction score
my uncle told me a hayabusa would beat my vmax i was like NOOOOOO so i started it up and brought it outside and did a quick 3 sec burnout at like 4k rpm(all it needs) nice and slow. i had to take it to town and my brother was behind me and i pulled out of the driveway and did my first real hard launch on it, like 4k rpm and dump clutch.

it jumped like a rocket and got through the gen 2 bogging and at about 6k rpm the entire rear end went SIDEWAYS... felt like it was on ice.

shifted into second and punched it and it went sky high.

got it to town and it died and wouldnt start. /fistpump

5414660_8716bf615a.jpg
funny-pictures-i-have-no-idea-what-youre-talking-about-ihas-a-funny.jpg
funny-pictures-i-have-no-idea-what-youre-talking-about-ihas-a-funny.jpg

I did a 30 mph roll on with my 2009 piped , K&N and Fuel tuner against a 2008 Busa with full exhaust system, K&N and Power Commander. We were dead even up to 140 mph when he started edging ahead. I shut down promptly realizing it was then over and just too fast for in town. LOL
name withheld

ive got the busa race set up soon for when the weather gets nice

no rlly, it died and wouldnt start. its got the ecu problem but the yamaha dealer swears they know nothing about it. so ima prolly have to do it myself.

by bad i mean its bad, and then bad.

it runs great when it runs.

they recalled the first 600 cuz the ECUs bug up on them, the bikes dont reset to idle and keep going forever like a toyota camry, then randomly the ecu stops working and ur stuck waiting for it to work again or calling a tow truck,

they extended the recall to numbers up to 715(?)

im number 729.

dun dun dun!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 12
IF that busa edges you out, (I'm thinking they have a couple more HP on the ground :ummm:) contact DLcrays on this forum for a set of pipes to pinch out another few hp. He's got an excellent tuned pipe set he's ready to produce. Darren emailed me yesterday with his dyno #'s, but I'll let him post them up when he's ready to unveil etcc... He spends most of his time on starvmax, and there may already be a thread over there accordingly.

I think you can PM him directly or go through Sean Morley.

That is correct sir. He's on here but we have been working together a bit on this (he's been doing on the real work though lol). I've just been a simple advisor. He's also working with the Guru!

Sean

So is this new system going to outperform the brocks?

I see holeshot finally has some pics of their Gen2 design up on their website and has recently updated the page with prices.

This is a "slip-on" so far though we have discussed a full header. We are also talking about a gen 1 system. Still a long ways out for that. The system he's working on now was dyno-tested and ecu program made a couple of days ago. Used a dynojet 250i for all the setup work. Individual cylinder tuning and not just a copy/paste from one cylinder for the other 3.

I took and made cad files of the pipes required to help hopefully reduce the welds required.

Stay tuned for more info!

Back