Ok, Who just bought these

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the interest? Seems like a good deal if the carbs are in decent shape. Sellers usually want double.

I was bidding a bit.... Then I decided I didn't need to spend $200 MORE dollars on stuff I already had working. Would have been a great flip. I just figured somebody on here was watching and bidding on them so I quit.

There were some carbs up two weeks ago from a 2005 that were in great condition. Everyone sniped the auction at the last second. It went from 200 to 300+ in a few seconds. My high bid was 275.

There were some carbs up two weeks ago from a 2005 that were in great condition. Everyone sniped the auction at the last second. It went from 200 to 300+ in a few seconds. My high bid was 275.

The 05 carbs that sold for $307? It wasn't me :whistlin:

There was an OEM backrest and rack that listed for $200 Buy It Now. I got to the listing about an hour after it posted and somebody had already put a $200 bid on it...

Ended up selling for $325. If I had been there 1 hour earlier it coulda been mine, but no some tard got there first who had no idea what they typically go for and tried to bid it out.

I'd prefer the renntec anyway, but I figured it would do until I find one and then I could probably get the renntec for next to nothing with what clean OEM's typically go for.

I had a OEM front header listed that happened to.....had a $50 BIN on it, a couple guys got squabbling over it and in the end it went for $150.

I watched in amazement as the price shot past the BIN......:ummm::confused2::ummm:

Unless it's listed for a fixed price the first guy to bid, or bid higher than the reserve then the Buy It Now option goes away. I would have gladly paid the buy it now but the first guy to bid $100 removed the option to do so.

This is why it's nice when sellers used fixed prices or put the reserve and buy it now at the same price. The first guy who bids ruins it for those of us that know better, and that cheapskate is rarely the one that actually wins so he just screws over the guy that was willing to spend way more than he could have.

I guess the sellers end up thrilled when that happens though.

I was watching those $307 carbs, too. Not that I have any business working on stuff when my bike still needs work.

I always bin instead of dealing w all the bids. Then you know it's yours I don't bother if there is no bin

The 05 carbs that sold for $307? It wasn't me :whistlin:

Haha damn you! I thought I had those in the bag! I'm no good at the ebay sniping game since I always do buy it now. I've gotten some damn good deals on items from Pinwall Cycles lately. I got the entire V boost assembly minus the bodys for $90 off that 05. I also go the rear seat for like $20. Glad someone on this site got the carbs. At $307 it was a good deal.

Pinwall cycles has great prices. I just got shinko front n rear tires 135.00 for pair free shipping.

Just bought a set off ebay for 212 shipped that was a buy it now. If there all there and the pilot screws turn i will be happy enough!

Back