old crocks at my friend's shop

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
After seeing some interest in the red & white tank Honda CB350 in the "women & bikes" thread (page 19, post #182), I thought I would post-up some pics that have relevance to what bikes or pics were there.

My friend's shop sells accessories-lots of accessories, and parts for bikes.

Here are some bikes I saw there today when I stopped-in to get a barrel-bolt clamp for my Supertrapp 4/1 for my FZR1000, and to check-on my Race Tech fork springs for my VMax.

The pic "NOS parts" shows a bunch of pistons for 1970's Japanese bikes (the red boxes) along w/many other parts.

The pic "wall of NOS parts" shows a stack of vintage dolphin fairings used in the 1960's/'70's, and they are that old! There are also stacks of boxes of NOS levers, side case covers, spark plugs, tune-up kits (you might need your father to explain what those are, sonny!), grips, control cables, brake shoes, etc., all for-sale. They are for Japanese bikes primarily, but he does have English NOS stuff too, for Triumphs, BSA's, & Nortons.
http://www.compcyclecenter.com/

Steve, the owner, used to advertise he was the "world's largest supplier of Honda 350 ignition condensers," a tongue-in-cheek remark he made in-response to another shop's claim of "world's largest," something-or-another.

The last picture is a pic of a for-real Wes Cooley Suzuki awaiting installation of the being-worked-upon engine, and then it will receive a full cosmetic restoration.

Attachments

• CB350 apart.jpg
    CB350 apart.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 26
  • SL350.jpg
    SL350.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 25
  • NOS parts_2012_04_19.zip
    150.7 KB · Views: 4
  • wall of NOS parts_2012_04_19.zip
    150 KB · Views: 6
  • Wes Cooley Suzuki.jpg