old max weirdness

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddly squat

Reaction score
i know about the oil level light coming on under hard acceleration, but mine has been coming on at around 3k in second gear on my '86 max.

it won't do it in any other gear at that rpm range.
any thoughts, 'cause i don't get it! :bang head:

I was sure I had the market cornered with weird things happening. Sounds like one of those "I Don't Have A Clue" problems... Is your oil level at the top marks in the window with the bike straight up? My lights never come on, 2 Max's. I maintain the higher oil level...

Just a thought and others will tell you that a lower level is better for tray windage...

i have it right in the middle.

not really worried about it, just thought i would throw it out there to see if anyone else encountered it.
maybe something to do w/the torque in second gear.
don't know any rational explanation.
thanks for the reply!

The low oil sensor is in the front of the oil pan so you can see the light come on when it gets uncovered during hard acceleration. Most find that if you keep the oil level near the top of the window the light comes on less.
There really isn't any issue if the light comes on during hard acceleration because the oil pickup is in the back of the pan.

Back