Old School Riders

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx72

Reaction score
By now I'm sure a lot of you have read about this mess.

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/ci_12710421

You guys know I belong to a sober club here in So. Cal., and it happens that we're well acquainted with these guys. They attend a lot of the same events that we do, mostly real family oriented stuff, often hosted by christian clubs, and motorcycle ministries.

Long story short, first bike night of the season for them (I've got a flyer on my coffee table for it) and some jacknut shows up and shoots TEN freaking people. It's just insane, I can't even get my mind around it really. I know it's not M.C. related, because even when hardcore 1% M.C.'s are out after each other you never hear of something this horrible, nevermind the fact that OSR has no outlaw ties anyway, they're just a bunch of guys.

So we don't really know much yet, I;m sure we'll know a lot more in a few days, but for now this is just blowing my mind. I mean, i've seen several of these people over the last few weeks at events, and now, fuck man, whaddya say?

Everything over here is fucked off atm. There's a lot of people still in the hospital tonight, so if you guys could drop a note with the God of your choice it's appreciated.

thats nuts... crazy... was it just a random attack?

thats nuts... crazy... was it just a random attack?

We don't really know a whole lot right now, it doesn't seem to be random, and it doesn't seem to be M.C. related, the thinking atm is that it's street gang related, or personal. Again, we really don't know. Clubs are very clannish and closed mouthed as a rule, so we've been in touch, but it's to offer sympathy and aid, info will come out when it comes out. I just know it's a hell of a thing and we're praying for those still in the hospital atm.

Spraying a gun into a crowd is one of the most cowardly thing you can do.

All these "gang bangers" here in Toronto do it all the time.

What ever happened to two people duking it out with their fists?

I may sound old - but maybe it's the music? The contant bragging and gloating about street life, and gettin' rich or die tryin' kinda motto?

Maybe it's TV and how they have glamourized these idiots. Made celebrities out of them.

Then again - the general public demands - and the media provides. Simple as that. So the blame cannot fall on the media for providing what the public wants to consume.

I think the problem is likely rooted in ones upbringings. If you live in a household where dad hits mom, or dad simply isn't around, and mom is doing 'things' just to survive...the kids learn things at an early age and aren't getting any good role model figures in their lives - and turn to the media... (read above)

Combine this with a generation "ME" - who are all too concerned about numero-uno above anything else.

I think about this often. I wonder if out society is becoming worse - but then again, crimes of murder have been happening since day one. I just wonder if we hear about more then we would in an internet-less world?

Horrible situation btw. I am very curious to find out why the shooting happened.
________
extreme q

Last edited:
Really good point about the rapshit music fucking up kids heads. In my opinion, that's where it all started.

Spraying a gun into a crowd is one of the most cowardly thing you can do.

All these "gang bangers" here in Toronto do it all the time.

What ever happened to two people duking it out with their fists?

I may sound old - but maybe it's the music? The contant bragging and gloating about street life, and gettin' rich or die tryin' kinda motto?

Maybe it's TV and how they have glamourized these idiots. Made celebrities out of them.

Then again - the general public demands - and the media provides. Simple as that. So the blame cannot fall on the media for providing what the public wants to consume.

I think the problem is likely rooted in ones upbringings. If you live in a household where dad hits mom, or dad simply isn't around, and mom is doing 'things' just to survive...the kids learn things at an early age and aren't getting any good role model figures in their lives - and turn to the media... (read above)

Combine this with a generation "ME" - who are all too concerned about numero-uno above anything else.

I think about this often. I wonder if out society is becoming worse - but then again, crimes of murder have been happening since day one. I just wonder if we hear about more then we would in an internet-less world?

Horrible situation btw. I am very curious to find out why the shooting happened.

Unfortunately its getting all too common everywhere. This definately is one messed up situation and prayers and best wishes to the friends and familys.

(There's a lot of people still in the hospital tonight, so if you guys could drop a note with the God of your choice it's appreciated.)

You got mine brother.
Chris

Its sad to hear shit like this , there is too much bullshit in the world without this sort of crap going on . It seems to be some sort of attention seeking statement.
Just something that keeps certain things/people in the spotlight who dont give a fuck bout the consequence and the innocent suffer .

I think about this often. I wonder if out society is becoming worse - but then again, crimes of murder have been happening since day one.

I just wonder if we hear about more then we would in an internet-less world?

I must strongly disagree.

The media is complicit in setting standards of public perception. That IS it's purpose.

Never mistake the media content for news. It is first and foremost PROPAGANDA.

The media does not present the people with what they want. The media is slicker than that and presents the people with content that human nature compels people to look at.

No one demands they serve up this crap. The steady diet of violence is force fed.

It is served up with deliberate arrangement timing and structure, so that the collective consciousness of society as a whole is pre-disposed to react in a certain way to very contrived stimuli.

This is a tragedy. Mass shootings appear to be a more and more frequent happening.

Now, are you scared yet?

Well don't worry, a few dozen more 'media reports' like this and more and more of the public will be more and more afraid until they demand that the authorities protect them from bad/mad people with guns.

Of course, this will mean banning gun ownership rather than doing something about bad/mad people.

Welcome to the matrix.

The media is complicit in setting standards of public perception. That IS it's purpose.

The media does not present the people with what they want. The media is slicker than that and presents the people with content that human nature compels people to look at.

No one demands they serve up this crap. The steady diet of violence is force fed.

It is served up with deliberate arrangement timing and structure, so that the collective consciousness of society as a whole is pre-disposed to react in a certain way to very contrived stimuli.

This is a tragedy. Mass shootings appear to be a more and more frequent happening.

Now, are you scared yet?

Well don't worry, a few dozen more 'media reports' like this and more and more of the public will be more and more afraid until they demand that the authorities protect them from bad/mad people with guns.

Of course, this will mean banning gun ownership rather than doing something about bad/mad people.

Welcome to the matrix.

It's very difficult to find any argument with this!!

We're talking about money and power here, don't confuse what you read with the truth!!

Don't know, but it sounds like a gang-banger initiation to me. Go shoot-up a "biker gang" to show your cajones...

Oh crap. Didn't even realize I was hijacking.

Sorry guys.:confused2:

Now, are you scared yet?

Welcome to the matrix.

The rate of the "media reports" about this stupid kind of shit are at a steady rate and the people dont do anything.

Banning gun ownership is the gone help anyone the retard trigger happy fags who pull this kinda shit.

If a legal concealed carrier would have been in attendance then the prep may not have got away without a bullet in him. Then the authority's would have a better chance at finding out whats behind the thoughtlessness of this tragedy.

I live in SoCal and this kinda thing is always in the back of my mind. Thats why I stomp gangsters heads every chance I get.

Here's hoping the bastard(s) who did this are caught and locked away for good, and that the folks that were injured come out of it alright. It's just too bad that personal responsibility and caring for other people seems to be so lacking in so many people.

Back