Opinions on Mobil "V-twin" synthetic oil..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newborn child/virgin the terms are interchangeable, the orphan tears are actually harder to find, you usually have to find some Gypsies and get imported tears, but the authentic video they show of the sad kids leaves me totally confident that the gypsy vendor is 100% legit and not scamming me.

I've got 2 Robot Penis'

rotella 15w40 at less than 13 dollars per gal I'll take it :punk:
I've standardized on this for all of my bikes. I used to use Amsoil in my M109R, but it:

1) costs 9.00+ / quart
2) needs to be replaced at the same interval as Dino oil (or at least replace the oil filter)
3) caused a condition we refer to as "oil puking" through the bypass hose and into the air cleaner housing.

I was skeptical, but once I changed back to dino oil the puking stopped (as I was told it would!)

The Rotella-T is for diesel engines but also has the correct JASO rating for motorcycles. It has great anti-shear properties and high zinc content. I believe that regular 3,000 mile oil changes preserve the engine just as well as a synthetic oil will since you are getting rid of all of the suspended metal particles in the oil. Full synth is mighty pricey to replace every 3K.

So, if you are that guy on the Geico commercials who is made out of money, then use the Full Synth, but continue to change every 3K. If, like me, you have to work for a living, then go with the Rotella-T. If you are really convinced that you NEED a full synth oil, then the Rotella-T6 will probably suit you fine, and for far less than Amsoil or Mobil 1. http://www.shell.com/rotella/products.html

Just my $0.02. YMMV

I've got 2 Robot Penis'

Wouldn't that be penii? You know, like 1 cactus, 2 cactii...

Latest posts

Back