Ordered the progressive front fork springs and need assistance

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the newer ones don't have drain plugs... personally i removed them and would in the future.

nothing 'wrong' with siphoning some off, just you'll have some old oil in there. just measure them equal. i bet it'd be fine though.

"No air! Just springs. You'll love the difference. I would go with 15wt oil. Silkolene is a good oil that gets pretty good reviews."

I am thinking about upgrading the front suspension. Why "no air, just spring." i want to be sure I have all the facts straight when I put this back together.
thanks

"No air! Just springs. You'll love the difference. I would go with 15wt oil. Silkolene is a good oil that gets pretty good reviews."

I am thinking about upgrading the front suspension. Why "no air, just spring." i want to be sure I have all the facts straight when I put this back together.
thanks

the stock springs are so soft compared to aftermarket (i assume you are thinking of Progressive Suspension's progressive rates or Racetech's straights). so much so that if you upgrade your front suspension with such springs, pressurizing the air in the stanchions to build up an elastomer so that the forks return back to their steady state positions is unnecessary.

I am not that technically sound and dont think I can do this mod without help or taking it to someone to get it done.
Is there anybody in the DFW area that I can take it to to get this done ? What do you think the labor would run on a job like this if i provide the part.

Back