Our Day, Last One Like This Was 20 Years Ago.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
Mary and I haven't had a day like this one, riding together without half a dozen other bikes since 1991.
Long, Long story that I'll spare you all. I asked which of the 3 bikes we should take. Took about 2 seconds
and she said Strafer. It's her favorite...

We took the Interstate through Tampa and North to SR-54. That's about 40 miles and we finally started to
get out of what I call wall to wall towns... Stopped and took a couple pictures just to prove we really did ride.
From there, we made a big counter clockwise loop, staying on roads less traveled. Took a few more pictures
along the way too.

As it turned out, the Fuel Light came on at 119 miles, in the middle of the last bridge before home. The fuel
started to run out at 122 miles so I switched it over to reserve. We finished the trip at 130 miles. I had
originally figured we'd be running on fumes by then but still had maybe 30 more miles. I'm guessing but
believe we got about 40.5 MPG. Not shabby at all. There were several time we were cruising near and a
few times well over 100 MPH. I can live with that..

We had a much needed return to a peaceful ride with no one else telling us What, When and How...:cheers:
Oh, where too....

So here's the pictures, I didn't spend the whole day making posts here for once...:rofl_200:

Attachments

• Trip 1.jpg
    Trip 1.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Trip 2.jpg
    Trip 2.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Trip 3.jpg
    Trip 3.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Trip 4.jpg
    Trip 4.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Trip 5.jpg
    Trip 5.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 34
Yesterday, we did the Garage Sale Rounds. Only found one Sportster for sale. Someday, I'll ask
the right person if they've got got a motorcycle hidden somewhere.... We did get a Jeep Lantern
and a Van Damme Movie for 2 bucks....:rofl_200:

Very Nice to hear.
And SpecOps, I love that WWII Air Corp theme on your Max.

Thanx dan-o.... Gotta get back among the living....

DMAN999: Thank you for the compliment. Bryan List used to paint the original artwork for high end helmet makers.
He was paid around $8,000.00 per helmet. They'd copy his art and duplicate it hundreds/thousands of times. China
eventually took that job from him... The Vinyl Wrap Graphics on Strafer were done to match one helmet I wear. It's
an inexpensive Bell but it's super light and comfortable... He caught some Shit from his now boss, only charged me
$550.00. I give him a lot of advertising though, people ask about his work all the time... BTW, I drew the girl on the
rear fender, that was my contribution....

A cool ride, "SpecOps13!" Aren't those great, just wandering around, no particular agenda?

I have been helping my son & his wife get squared-away in their new (used) home, sometimes the contractors make boneheaded mistakes. Then who gets to fix 'em? The expensive ones, the contractor! The little stuff, 'guess who?' I will say that my wife helped them w/ the house wiring today and lots of other stuff other days, but she should get that stuff all squared-away as she is an E.E. No riding for me today! The weather has cooled-off a bit so now maybe my days of riding will become more-numerous.

I did get a used set of carbs in the mail from one of our other brothers, 'Betts.' haven't had a chance to scope them out, but they are Stage 7 Dynojet. I wanted to have a spare rack of modded carbs to swap-in when I get around to getting a new exhaust. Thanks, 'Betts!' Gonna look more-closely @ them tomorrow after I get done w/the EMS students @ the E.R./hospital.

CR, we can't wait to meet you too...

alorio1: Bring it down Brother.... We'll have a tech day somewhere pretty soon, even if I have to do it here in St. Pete...

Fire-medic: It was the most relaxing ride I've done in forever, it seems. Most of the rides I've done in past years have
been about getting there, not the ride to do that... I'm done with the Politics and Related Crap that affect the fun of just riding....:clapping:

Now that the weather is cooling off its about time for me to do one of these rides. Call me crazy but I like to do long rides by myself. I am sure I will take a day in the midle of the week pretty soon & take off for a good ride.

Latest posts

Back