out of the game..accident

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripinanroarin

Reaction score
As I posted earlier, the max got sold to buy another newer one "deal went bad" so for now, I was riding a virago.
Me and my neighbour were coming back from a short highway run on a slow secondary road. Only going 80kms.A large semi was comming towards us with a loaded flat deck of junk iron and steel. As the semi passes us, a chunk of steel " 1/2 the size of your fist" flies off!! It just misses my buddys head :th_scared:and smacks me hard in the knee :assimilation:OUCH!!!
I was in so much pain, I felt like passing out. I was sweating really bad,shaking, and felt like throwing up. I layed on the side of the road for 1/2 hour trying to shake it off. Yea, I was chain smoking. My buddy helped get me back on my bike and I went for x rays. Small crack in the knee cap. AH shit!! I cant work today, And still in moderate pain. This sucks...no max...no knee, no riding.
Could of been alot worse......I;m going for a sleep on the couch..:damn angry:

Re: out of the game..acident

Jeez that sucks! Could you ever contact the trucking company and somehow complain..or at least tell them to tie their loads down... That sucks!!! I would be royaly pi$$ed off..Magine if that would have hit you in the face...

if you know the name of the company. and the piece did not hit the ground first.
then file a police report. and they should take care of the medical bills. and more.

the key is the piece never hit the ground before striking you.
if it did hit the ground. companies will say sorry. thats a road hazard

Man, bad when you have to dodge flying debris along with all the other things we could run into. Rest and Heal ripinanroarin

Wow that really sux! glad you're still here to tell us the story - as you said it could have been well worse, but still it's no fun.

All my best wishes for a speedy recovery and another better Max soon!

if you know the name of the company. and the piece did not hit the ground first.
then file a police report. and they should take care of the medical bills. and more.

the key is the piece never hit the ground before striking you.
if it did hit the ground. companies will say sorry. thats a road hazard

I did not know this! Now I'm on a mission. It looked like a private fellow. No name on the truck. I WILL BE LOOKING FOR HIM.
About 10 years ago, me and "the same buddy" were cruising down the road and 3 jerry cans full of gas came flying at us. The guy ahead didnt have and end-gate on his truck...hit a bump and out they came. We dodged the first 2, and the 3rd one opened up and spayed us with gasoline.We were blinded !! and my whole face was stinging bad., and coulnt see shit. I would of loved to caught him. He didnt stop either. Thats a teribble area though,..it passes through a bad Reserve, and theres always horible acidents there.

crap man, hope you heal up fast and feel better, hope you find the truck company or who ever runs the truck but for sure make a police report to document it, help you out in the long run for sure.

Sorry to hear of your accident this could have went south in a real bad way. Perhaps you will find this joker but you need to file a police report to get this going to make it legal like.

Get well soon. The bright side is, with the couch time you can look for a new Vmax to buy when you're all healed up. Good luck.

I`m sorry to hear bout this but,what I don`t understand is, When your buddy found out that you were ok, why didn`t he tear ass after that truck and stop his ass ??:ummm::ummm::ummm:
He could have made him come back and if he refused, It would be like "hit and run" You could have fucked him good for it and you wouldn`t be stuck paying the bill.
I hope that you find that s.o.b.
<<Dave>>:punk:

OUCH!!!!!!!

That hurts just reading about it......heal fast the season's winding down....

The leaves are starting to change.....

I did not know this! Now I'm on a mission. It looked like a private fellow. No name on the truck. I WILL BE LOOKING FOR HIM.
About 10 years ago, me and "the same buddy" were cruising down the road and 3 jerry cans full of gas came flying at us. The guy ahead didnt have and end-gate on his truck...hit a bump and out they came. We dodged the first 2, and the 3rd one opened up and spayed us with gasoline.We were blinded !! and my whole face was stinging bad., and coulnt see shit. I would of loved to caught him. He didnt stop either. Thats a teribble area though,..it passes through a bad Reserve, and theres always horible acidents there.

ripn... i think maybe you're a magnet for this stuff! you're lucky your buddy is still riding with you :biglaugh:

seriously - glad to hear you weren't hurt worse and hope you get your medical bills and a new Max out of the deal...

I`m sorry to hear bout this but,what I don`t understand is, When your buddy found out that you were ok, why didn`t he tear ass after that truck and stop his ass ??:ummm::ummm::ummm:
He could have made him come back and if he refused, It would be like "hit and run" You could have fucked him good for it and you wouldn`t be stuck paying the bill.
I hope that you find that s.o.b.
<<Dave>>:punk:
Hind sight being 20-20 thats exactly what should of been done. I guess my old friend was just more worried about me. I was just trying not to pass out, the thought didnt even ocure to me.

ripn... i think maybe you're a magnet for this stuff! you're lucky your buddy is still riding with you :biglaugh:

seriously - glad to hear you weren't hurt worse and hope you get your medical bills and a new Max out of the deal...

LOL magnet :biglaugh: It makes ya wonder.
My old friend mike just turned 66 last week. He moved next door to me back in 1982 and we've been riding ever since. He can still out ride me !!
Heres a pic of the old buzzard lol

Attachments

• mikes van 013.jpg
    mikes van 013.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 8
Back