Photo Request: V-Boost Cable Pulleyassy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It appears as though I'm missing the snap-on plastic cover and buttonhead bolt. A color photo of how it should look would be greatly appreciated. This is the first time I've ever had a look, having the bike for a very short time; and, the manual diagram leaves me a little uncertain.

TIA

v-boost pulleyassy.jpg

Attachments

• v-boost pulleyassy.jpg
    v-boost pulleyassy.jpg
    682.9 KB · Views: 0
I've just made my own snap-on plate, but my primary question is: How tight should the button head (lock bolt) bolt be screwed in? If it is completely tight, then this will not allow for any spring travel. I am guessing at this stage.

Screw should be tight, manual says about 3 in/lbs. It's used to set the control cable tension.....loosen screw, cycle key on to cycle vboost valves, turn key off and tighten down the screw again.

Mark

Greatly appreciated.

I kind of arrived there on my own about an hour ago. I've just finished making the little guide post that comes off of the top cable pulley assay screw. I'm slowly working things out. Finished cleaning rust out of the tank and gunk out of carbs. Putting things back together now. I think I'm doing a little better than the last person that owned the bike. Hopefully it starts when I'm done. :p

Last edited:
Thank you Mr. Midnight,

I ended up using a plastic plant pot, cutting out a piece from the bottom and shaping a cover by using a dremel. I also found a piece of metal tubing in the garage that I cut and used a a guide post, attached to the top cable pulley assay screw. Your pic helps reaffirm that I did the correct job.

Cheers

Back