Picked up a new toy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Piece. Im from Missouri , this state fully beleives in right to carry. 3 of my buddies just went through the class to become Concealed carry qualified. they said it was very informative. said 39 states (i think) all recognize Missouris Conceal permits and honor them. Good to know. IM takin the course next month but i need to buy another pistol. U dont have to buy one to take the course (they supply weapons hafta qualify semi auto AND revolver).
Ive now sold all my weapons over the years. P90 Ruger 45, couple of nines, Centurian AR-15, Ruger Mini 14 (all preban) and many others ive forgotten or cant tell about :biglaugh: . All im left with is a double barrel 12Ga, a pump 12Ga, My trusty Marlin 30-30, a few 22s.
The course was $100 ( at a gun shop in St Joseph Mo.) to get qualified, then they had to goto the local sherriff to buy the permit ... $100. but u only hafta renew every 3 years and its just $100 u dont hafta qualify again. Sweet deal to be able to protect yourself and your family.....

remember look THROUGH your shot. Watch your Background !!!!!! now go out there and KILL KILL KILL !!!!! LoL

I recently sold my Polytech M14 with 25, 20round clips.I still have my AK hunter.Milled reciever,24 inch barrel with express sights.Shitload of 30round clips and a few cases of ammo.Never you when you might need some protection?

Well I went out today and put the first 250 rounds through my new PXT. My very first shot, I have to tell you was VERY smooth. Trigger pull was consistant, I love this firearm. I had my Dad's 586 S&W firing .38 Special through it instead of the .357 Mag loads to have something to compare to for SA.

The first thing I noticed after I got my mags in and pointed down range was how much the FO front sight just jumped out there. I was very happy I went with that front. I didn't get the weapon on a bench to adjust the sight in, I was shooting at 15 yards as I couldn't get it closer at this range. On the paper I tried putting different sets of groups around on the paper, ya know 'cause when shooting 250 rounds it tends to get hard to see where your at on a single target. :D Some of the slop is me trying to compensate for what I thought it was doing without a bench, some of the slop is I was rushed on the hourly rate (I'm broke after purchasing this haha) and for break in after 250 rounds my hands were a little shakey at the end. :D

I wish I could go into elaborate detail on a range report, but I'm not a gifted writer, all I can say is I had ZERO issues with the weapon, I'm very happy I got the Para, and I can't wait to put this on a bench to zero the sight. Now it's time to get the Indian as good as his arrow. :D

Speaking of "zeroing-in",
I recently purchased laser sights for both of our .38's and have to get them zeroed in. The "dot" shows well in bright sunlight for up to 50 ft or so.

Crimson Trace Laser grips BTW on S&W model 40 and 640. Everyone who has fired my wifes Mod 40 says it is a very natural point and my 640 so light you don't even know it's on my belt( in place of the multi-tool that is usually on my hip)

"keep 'em in the 10 ring"
Lew

Speaking of "zeroing-in",
I recently purchased laser sights for both of our .38's and have to get them zeroed in. The "dot" shows well in bright sunlight for up to 50 ft or so.

Crimson Trace Laser grips BTW on S&W model 40 and 640. Everyone who has fired my wifes Mod 40 says it is a very natural point and my 640 so light you don't even know it's on my belt( in place of the multi-tool that is usually on my hip)

"keep 'em in the 10 ring"
Lew

Yeah I've seen those Lew. They make 'em for 1911 style weapons too. I'm probably going to pass, but I can see them for small weapons like the 638/640. I would love to have an Air Weight Hammerless S&W.

Like I said, I started doing different groupings around the target, they all started to blend, my hands were getting tired after about 150 rounds, so I just said to heck with it. I was there to break the gun in and try to weed out any possible failures. Next time I'm getting a bag and zeroing in the sights.
ParaBreakIn.jpg

Went out and shot this weekend also. Shot my buddies P-89DC 9mm and his new Browning .22. That Browning was sweet. Had a Bull Barrel, glow sights in the front (not sure what they are really called) and the nicest grip o and a gold trigger (well gold colored) . We had paper targets but wound up just shooting cans as our usual spot to shoot was flooded by the river. I was bouncin that can like in the westerns. It had been a while but with both pistols I out shot the owner. LOL I was trying to go fast like as soon as it hit the ground, poppin it back up. Looked cool when it worked but mostly it just blew holes through what i was shootin. FUn shit, good stress reliever.

RVAVMAX - I was actually going to purchase the XD when I went and shot a Kimber of a friends. It ruined me so I had to have a 1911 but to be different I got a Para haha. I plan on going with an XD in a 9mm to swap out for carry.

Those Kimbers will do that to you. That is about all I like to carry anymore. The XD's are nice too, just not for me.

I had several of these SKS's.Good little shooters but a pain in the ass to clean compared to an AK.The AK has a 1/4 the moving parts that the SKS does.Just make sure that you buy a machined reciever not the tin stamped ones.

That all depends on which SKS. Its fairly easy to clean and can be done in less than ten minutes. The russian one I have hardly ever gets cleaned and it fires off without a hiccup every time.

If anyone is in the market I have a Springfield Loaded w/ 2 mags, 2 holsters, & about 200 rounds of ammo I would like to get rid of so I can get something else. PM me.

Big boys can never have enough toys...

My lastest Bushy is almost small enough to carry under my jacket :biglaugh:

Never bring a knife to a gunfight!

Neil

Attachments

• dressed_01.jpg
    dressed_01.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 10
Big boys can never have enough toys...

My lastest Bushy is almost small enough to carry under my jacket :biglaugh:

Never bring a knife to a gunfight!

Neil

Very nice!!

Might have to do somethin' 'bout that outlet tho. :rofl_200:

Upon further review, the officials on the field are ruling there is optical distortion caused by the angle of the rifle......my bad call!

dan

Last edited:
Very nice!!

Might have to do somethin' 'bout that outlet tho. :rofl_200:

Upon further review, the officials on the field are ruling there is optical distortion caused by the angle of the rifle......my bad call!

dan

Dan...

Are you drinking this early in the day??? :biglaugh:

Right on Neil, I'd love to have a DPMS LP-308 as well.

1/4

Panthers are popular around here, and are really well built. Friend of mine has the RFLR-WCP, and I love that thing!

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/dpms-sportical-rifle-now-in-762-nato/

Neil

Yeah it's going to be a bit before I get to pick one up. I'm getting ready to start reloading I believe, so that's going to be a chunk in the begining.

Yeah it's going to be a bit before I get to pick one up. I'm getting ready to start reloading I believe, so that's going to be a chunk in the begining.

Well worth the initial investment to be able to reload. Several friends do it on the harder to buy right stuff and have no problems with it, and they enjoy doing it also.

Neil

Back