Picked up an 03 Nostalgia So hard

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad time to sell but who knows ask high you can alway come down ..

This is true. BUT, once you have a customer leave it's very difficult and almost impossible to get him/her back. They moved on and likely already bought something. Many of these kinds of purchases are spur of the moment deals.

I waited out an 05 that was for sale for 5500 bought it for 3500 this summer perfect condition . If you can hold till spring you might get what you want . I ve seen bikes around here on cl listed for a while. Whatever you sell at you will make a nice bundle .

For what it's worth, I bought my super-clean 2003 with 6800 miles for $4000 total. I would have been amazed to find one lower miles than that, but I wouldn't have paid $2000 more for 3000 miles. I'm sure someone out there would, but 'who are they?' and 'where are they?' become the big questions.

Finding a buyer for a V-max isn't too hard, finding a buyer who will pay what you think it's worth usually is. If you price at the top of the ladder, you'll sit on it a long while unless the right buyer **happens** to be looking when you are selling. But if you're not in a hurry, ask what you want and let time be your guide.

6K for a 2003 VMAX? Not on this planet. 300 miles, MAYBE. 3000 miles doesn't make THAT much of a difference in value. I think in this market, 4500 would be top dollar, and that's during the spring when somebody is out there actually looking for one. ALL muscle bikes are down, the V65's, Eliminators, VMAX's, the market has probably gone down 30-40% over the past 2 years, and I'm really not sure why. It's a great bike no doubt, good luck with your sale!

I threw it on Ebay for 7k... Not expecting to get that at all. I buy recondition and sell a lot of bikes. The luxury I have is that I can wait for the right buyer to come along, I'm never in a rush to sell. We'll see what it goes for. I'll keep everyone posted.
Took some beauty Pics and made a youtube video.
https://youtu.be/3McWwQOm98o

5 years ago I bought my MINT 2006 Max. It had less than 2000 miles on it. I paid $9000 CDN for it, and yes, I did over pay for it.
Yes, they are correct. This seller had the goods, right time, right place. I was horny for a Max for so long and when I saw it, had to have it.
I've been smiling every ride since the purchase. Can't put a price on my happiness for the last 32 years or motorcycling, especially when eventually, you run out of time to ride.
Remember folks...

There won't be a Brinks truck following my Hearse when it's time.

HOPEFULLY, there will be a SHITLOAD of brothers in my wake on their rides!

Just a thought...

I agree with marsmax (Jamie) liptoss.
You need to join your fellow Southern Ontario Vmax owners for the ride with us "barely tolerated" NY Vmax riders down to Thunder in the Valley next June.
You'd be amazed how many Canadians are there every year (and many don't even ride a Vmax).

Deal... I'll keep an eye open for the June posting. It's not that far for us

Back