Picked up magna v4

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marauder03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 1994 magna, it runs great for what it is. I got it for a couple different reasons, one it was a deal at 1600$ and I was looking for a 2nd bike a little more comfortable than my Vmax. Will not part with my vmax but might flip the magna in spring, I’ll try and work my way back up to a 1st Gen. Right now enjoying the smoothness of the magna and it is pretty comfy. Not a vmax but still a v4 IMG_6881.png

The 700/750cc Magnas are decent bikes. Two of my friends on fire/rescue bought them new when they first came out. They had no issues hanging with the guys who had XS11's, KZ1000's, & GS1000's. The Yamaha salesman from whom I bought my '92 VMax had one like you have, and when we rode together, he again had no issue staying with me. I like the looks of the Magna of that vintage. Yours looks like a good find.

A friend of mine had a V65 Saber. At 25-30mph he could throttle up a wheelie. The whole bike would raise up about a foot. Then he would chop the throttle. And the back tire would come off the ground about 2". He would drive down main Street jumping like a frog. Lmfao.

A friend of mine had a V65 Saber. At 25-30mph he could throttle up a wheelie. The whole bike would raise up about a foot. Then he would chop the throttle. And the back tire would come off the ground about 2". He would drive down main Street jumping like a frog. Lmfao.
"Wonder why my driveshaft broke?" A good example of the effects of a driveshaft on a bike's riding dynamics.

The 1100 Magna was the Bad Boy which was before the VMax. The 900 and 1000 Eliminators were good performing bikes. I think it was Cycle World who turbo'ed one, and in a comparison with the VMax and another bike, it melted a piston, probably a too-lean mixture I suspect. The other bike I think was an '85 GSXR1100 w/several thousand dollars of V&H parts in the engine. The VMax got bolt-ons: intake & exhaust.

Just picked up a 1994 magna, it runs great for what it is. I got it for a couple different reasons, one it was a deal at 1600$ and I was looking for a 2nd bike a little more comfortable than my Vmax. Will not part with my vmax but might flip the magna in spring, I’ll try and work my way back up to a 1st Gen. Right now enjoying the smoothness of the magna and it is pretty comfy. Not a vmax but still a v4 View attachment 91455

Your right Fire-medic the other one was a Gizxer 1000. The Vmax and the Gixxer ran identical 1/4 mile times and exact same top speed but they crowned the Gixxer King of Quick since it had a slightly higher trap speed. I’m still pissed about that…they did put a full exhaust, slick and wheelie bars on the Vmax but no engine work at all. Lots of engine work on the Gixxer.

Back