Pissed Off

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxinID

Reaction score
No longer Pissed Off @ my own stupidity!!!

Yep that's right I'm pissed off.

After 7 glorious days, my rear Carrozzeria wheel took a shit on me Friday night.

Bearing faliure, spacer ground to shit, and wheel lock up that could have killed me.

Axle torque was set at 40 Ft.lbs.

The worst part is Carrozzeria is closed till Tuesday, they are at Laguna Seca.

The biggest Biker Rodeo around starts Friday. :bang head:

Here are 2 photos to help you all understand my sorrow.

If I need back-up for the 5 yr warranty you guys got my back???

Damn it..........

Attachments

• 100_1851.jpg
    100_1851.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 100_1852.jpg
    100_1852.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Shad, glad you're okay! I would get you money back...Italians can't make shit anyway. lol

Get a Kosman conversion...cheaper and he knows his shit.

Again, glad you're okay.

I guess you/we are going to find out how good the customer service is with them once again. That really sucks no matter what rims they are. Glad your ok, tho.

Keep us posted.

Mike

Glad you're okay!!!

How fast were you running, and did you notice the failure happening, or did it go all at once?

Make em' stand behind their product, surely they will.

Neil

Shad, happy you still have a back to cover.

How did it feel? was it an instant lock or more like wicked pressure on the brakes?

I went on a 70 mile drive and at about 60 miles in I heard the "Bird Chirping" of the bearing. I was in the midddle of nowhere.

Got into town and stopped, drove over the overpass and the bearing seized on the downhill of the slope. about 35 mph.

Rocked it back and forth tilll it released, with a bit of help from my friend torque.

Drove 1 mile to a garage and parked it.

I nedd a replacement rear axle anyone have one?

I was so hard to blast the axle out, due to the spacer galling up the axle.

mucho heat 'aye ca-rumba!'

KJ: It was like hella pressure, then lock up.

I know a lot of vmaxers are happt that there is finally an 18" lightweight wheel available, but...

Cazzy wheels have one of the worst reputations in the sportbike world. The wheels are considered junk. I belong to an R1 forum and there have been a lot of issues there. R1 guys wont buy cazzy wheels, they dont trust them.

There are always issues with them not being machined accurately, as a few vmaxers have found. Ive heard they make good on warranty, but what good is a warranty if your back wheel locks up or front on you take a fall or possiblly take your life.

Based on what I have read in the vmax community and the r1 community I would not recommend buying these wheels. There has just been too many issues to risk your life.

Hey glad to hear you ok but, im sure you have heard that enough, any luck on you progress, keep it safe, Roy

Shad, glad you're okay! I would get you money back...Italians can't make shit anyway. lol

Get a Kosman conversion...cheaper and he knows his shit.

Again, glad you're okay.

Italians??? The owner is VERY Japanese and the wheels are made 100% here...

As for the failure... I GUARANTEE they will be VERY helpful and fix the issue!

I have their number if you need it...

Any mechanical device can break but it's how they support you that matters... Hell Bill rides them to over 200mph on his bike so I trust that they aren't that bad. I talked to the owner when I had my issues. He was VERY cordial and helpful and wanted to get to the bottom of all of it. They paid for all shipping back and forth. Since then I have had NO issues.

Good luck!

UPDATE:

Talked to the Japanese dude @ Carrozzeria this morn, he said they were still closed but helped me out anyway.

He was very yes, yes, yes.....good thing.
I was gonna twist his head off if they tried to blame me, or start with the B.S.

By now I should have 2 bearings and a spacer being shipped to my house. Be here by Wed, or Thurs.

We shall see...........

But, I still have to shell out $56 dollars for a new axle & rear nut.

Bye for now........

UPDATE:

Talked to the Japanese dude @ Carrozzeria this morn, he said they were still closed but helped me out anyway.

I was gonna twist his head off if they tried to blame me, or start with the B.S.

By now I should have 2 bearings and a spacer being shipped to my house. Be here by Wed, or Thurs.

We shall see...........

Bye for now........

There is a guy on ebay selling one (axle & nut) for $9.95 & $12.33 shipping with BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-VMax-VMX...hZ003QQcategoryZ10066QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Neil

UPDATE:

We shall see...........

Bye for now........

UPDATE II (Email response)

Dear Sirs

Thank you very much your information.

We send you all that (3ps/ Needle bearing?Distance tube?Ball bearing) today.

UPS Tracking No-1ZY2453A 02 6297 XXXX.

Will be arrive Wednesday. Have a nice weekend & Best Regard

H.Matsu

Carrozzeria USA Inc.

"Arrive Faster"

Phone (310) 719-2271

Fax (310) 719-2272

Back