pointless drivel and bashing from 12-30-10

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gurued Gear - Hacked ECU?

How is it different having Tim reflash a ECU with his setup vs someone buying a power commander and re-flashing thier sportbike? If it was illegal as you suggest the power commander or UFO's reflashing unit (max tuner, which conveniently is now no longer on the website), would not be on the market. So now you can say that the "great one's" stealth product for the genII, that removed some IM parts for the bike wont void a warranty?

Attachments

• UFO Max Tuner.jpg
    UFO Max Tuner.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 11

just a scare tactic........the whole thing is sad, a shame that the energy can't be used towards more productive ends.

wow, what a dick.

jon has officially removed all doubt as to wheteher or not he is an ass.

""""The inexperienced amateur we are warning our customer base about in the paragraphs below was still in diapers (and may still be today)"""

copied from his website.

i mean really dude? really?

gee i wonder who this was directed to...

"""-TRY NOT having another person or their company prepare or build a product FOR you.
-TRY NOT having another person race your bike for you.
-TRY NOT helping prepare another persons bike.
-TRY NOT riding the shirt tails of another persons drag racing career.""""""""""

how the phuck does he sleep at night.

he is so freakin childish

He's gonna be sleeping during the day if he continues with this approach: :rofl_200:

"I welcome you to make the drive to my neighborhood so I can personally beat the crap out of you and properly introduce myself so there is no confusion."

ok. i thought maybe if jon would make something i liked... i might almost buy it. now im definately not. i dont even wanna give his website a hit count. this seriously pisses me off. hes trash talking the one guy who has the brains and will to do something that NOONE else can. jon is just pissed off that hes not making money off this, and hes too dumb to program a computer. i would love to be able to go out and reprogram my max but i just dont have the knowledge to do it. and neither does jon. jon just keeps talking about how hes a bad ass and hes the best and everyone else is a fag. i just wanna punch him through his monitor. hes a disgrace to the vmax and to the entire community. i think what hurts jon the most deep down is that tim is doing this with actual results, with REAL numbers, telling you hows hes doing it, AND AND AND being COMPLETELY honest the ENTIRE time. and it sucks for jon cuz he cant do any of that.

if tim gets discouraged and gives up on the new max we're all phucked and left to deal with jons dumb ass parts that dont do shit

I think steve's concerns are legitimate although may be a minority. I don't think however its any different from a power commander or tuning one's carbs. I think if we all keep it civil a decent discussion can come about...

that is if one is to try to bring a new point up, not just bash someone who has done a lot of work.

i don't have a dog in this fight, i just like seeing all sides of any given argument.

I don't think its all too legitimate.

If you look at several of the items in the aftermarket world, they will have a similar disclaimer. "for off road use only" is quite common in the aftermarket pipe and carb world. The beloved Dynojet offers this warning on thier site;
This product is intended to be used only on racing vehicles on closed courses, and not for use on roads or vehicles otherwise subject to emission control requirements (including non-racing ATVs, Dirt bikes, and UTVs).

Even cornell's site shows this:
“Not for highway use”. Close circuit track intended.
For his catalytic converter removing, warranty killing "stealth system" but it doesn't say anything about it. Just think about the poor misinformed regular joe who just fount out that his new $20k bike is no longer covered by warranty. Tim is just being up front, not leaving things out.

The way Yamaha wrote the warranty, practically anything you do outside the realm of stock will void it.

Af far as I'm concerned Tim's disclaimer is nothing more then a more vocal informative piece than anything else. Look at the makers of turbo systems and nitrous oxide systems. They have a similar warning. Tim's just goes into a little bit more detail. Its a great cover your ass form and by having it signed it removes the whole "I wasn't warned", "I didn't see it" or other such arguments.

As far as the warning of drivetrain issues? I've already broken a driveshaft, no big deal. more power, more chance of breakage. Thats a no brainer. Tim's disclaimer is thorough, and brings up that topic of more power = chance of drivetrain issues.

So if someone were to buy UFO's or someone elses turbo kit and break a drive shaft from the added power. could you blame them or UFO for it? or how about if you took it to a local Yamaha shop to get it fixed only to be charged or turned away cause by adding the turbo you've just voided your warrany, unless UFO or anyone is making some sort of non warranty voiding turbo kit, for which I doubt. Even asshat's catsass catalytic converter removal/replacement is a warranty killer.

Tim's just being up front from the get go.

UFO Warranty = A part made by the great one [LOL] that will make more power then any other set-up proven by just my word . Service = We are second to none!! What do you need service for I got your money and now your screwed !. Guaruntee = You will not be happy with the parts I sell you but you don't matter so I don't mind .

Got you laughing ? Lol That was my whole point. Start the New Years off with a good joke .

we might wanna consider giving Tim his thread back....how bout it Tim?
we can archive this tho....funny as hell and when I need a laugh, I can click and read!:rofl_200:

I think steve's concerns are legitimate although may be a minority. I don't think however its any different from a power commander or tuning one's carbs. I think if we all keep it civil a decent discussion can come about...

that is if one is to try to bring a new point up, not just bash someone who has done a lot of work.

i don't have a dog in this fight, i just like seeing all sides of any given argument.

Stevie started this with a very un - civil rip and un - founded rant on a vendor ( and nice guy ) , on his 2nd , 3rd & 4th post , after opening his account " a while back " . Normally , I don't get dogs in a fight either , but this a..hole started it up and I thought about it for a few minutes and got hot . I didn't know ( and still don't ) who he was , but when he told Sean he would beat the crap out of him ........ well , that was enough for me to get a dog in it !

Stevie started this with a very un - civil rip and un - founded rant on a vendor ( and nice guy ) , on his 2nd , 3rd & 4th post , after opening his account " a while back " .

+1

It doesn't take much to set off the asshole alarms when your first posts is an unwarented rip on an individual. A nice, straight forward guy as well.

Stevie started this with a very un - civil rip and un - founded rant on a vendor ( and nice guy ) , on his 2nd , 3rd & 4th post , after opening his account " a while back " . Normally , I don't get dogs in a fight either , but this a..hole started it up and I thought about it for a few minutes and got hot . I didn't know ( and still don't ) who he was , but when he told Sean he would beat the crap out of him ........ well , that was enough for me to get a dog in it !

I agree!
at 1st I thought he offered me over....hahaha
I was dressed and ready to grab the suv keys!

these have been moved over here.
I tried moving the other but cant.
Buster, if you could, please move the others from Tim's area.
Randy

Back