Possible carb sync issue need carb guru

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

assassinx1

Reaction score
Hey guys My max runs fine. Plenty of power. The one thing i notice is the bike does not sounds right. No missfires at all. I checked the exhaust temps at the headers. Found the back two at operating temp are 200 degrees. The front two are cooler. The left front is 130 degress and the right front is only 100. Any ever check this before is it normal. Could this be a sync problem?

I've noted that my front pipes seem to run cooler in general than the rear. It might be just the cheap Harbor Freight Laser I'm using but i see about the same as you. I checked them on the 89 the other day and the laser and the rear were at about 600 degrees F. NOT POSSIBLE. I switched the scale to Centigrade and it gave better readings but still hotter in the rear... Check the plugs after a cruise on the interstate with no idling. best test....

That is half the temp of the rear....they shouldn't be THAT far off in temp. Did you take the temp at idle when cold?

Front pipes are normally cooler. One, they are double walled. Two, more air gets to them when bike is moving. I'd check ignition and sync regardless as it's really easy to do.

Also, a/f adjustments on the carbs could make a difference. Richer running engine will also run a bit cooler, leaner would be hotter.

Latest posts

Back