Possible Swap entire 09 XVZ13TF Venture transmission?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckchin

Reaction score
Possible Swap entire 09 XVZ13TF Venture transmission into VMAX?
including the drum,fork,selector shaft.....

Or what others years of Venture suitable for whole transmission swap without hassle?
Don't mind loosing some power..

It should be possible to do the swap. I do have a gearing calculator if you want to see the effects it will have. What are you looking for? We have an overdrive option too if you are looking for less rev's on the highway.

Sean

My vmax gear was worn out and I just found a set in ebay which is cheaper then vmax trans...
somemore it's 09 it should be better then my 93 trans i think..

It may be newer but it is not likely to be better. The profiles on the gears are different as is the ratios so acceleration is compromised most of the time. Also, you have to look at the gear widths and make sure it's going to be strong enough. I think in this case it would be fine but it will need swapped in entirety,.

I probably have a few good Venture gear sets that I can sell you if you don't have the funds to get one of our undercut transmissions. Maybe $150 plus shipping for an 86-93 that has very similar gear ratios. Your shift drum and forks would also be able to be reused but those parts also need to be looked at very closely to see if you should reuse them.

Sean

Kicking up this old thread, and am thinking of doing the opposite, putting the vmax gears in a venture case, thus having stock gearing and stronger gears in a 1300 block. Can that be done? looks like it can be from reading here.

Yes, we suggest that when doing one of our 1300 conversions.

Attached is a gear ratio excel spread sheet that I co-authored.

On the 1st sheet you can swap between 1st gen VMax, 1st gen Venture, 2nd gen Venture or Royal Star Tour Deluxe Venture to see speed difference. Under tan field labeled Bike Model, input 1~4, depending on model. Field for VMax or Venture final drive below that. Black fields are locked. Password to unlock sheet is 'ratio'

Upper right block picks tire size or the measured circumference of rear tire.

Upper left chart will show gear ratios for chosen options.

Lower right chart will show speed at different RPM's in all gears based on chosen inputs.

I know a 1st gen (83~93) will fit in with no problems. This has the closest gear ratios to a 1st gen VMax.

I am also 99% sure a 2nd gen (09~13) will fit in. On of the Venture guys has put a 2nd gen gear set in a 1st gen case. Ratios are not as good for acceleration on 2nd gens. Will improve top speed though. Royal Star Tour Deluxe should also fit OK.

2nd Sheet (Range) is used to do calculations on 1st sheet, no user changeable fields on 2nd sheet.

Gary

Attachments

• Venture Gear ratios rev D.xls
    45 KB · Views: 29
Impressive! Thanks for the work, and sharing this information.
I see that all models use the same middle gear ratio. Too bad. Interchanging these parts would be another way of raising/lowering the final overall reduction at the rear wheel.
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back