Power Commander 5 and Mileage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused. ;)
Backpack to mount ON the bike or to wear WHILE riding?

Either way, converting a regular backpack with a compartment for a camelbak /bladder should do the job

To wear while riding, are there any ready-made backpacks available with the water holder compartment? I was in touch with the Viking bags (https://www.vikingbags.com/collections/motorcycle-backpacks) and they said that they can make a custom one but they are charging too much for it plus the time. I'm not a very technical person and not really into doing it by myself, plus I have my camera gear in my backpack so I need something highly waterproof from the inside.

To wear while riding, are there any ready-made backpacks available with the water holder compartment? I was in touch with the Viking bags (https://www.vikingbags.com/collections/motorcycle-backpacks) and they said that they can make a custom one but they are charging too much for it plus the time. I'm not a very technical person and not really into doing it by myself, plus I have my camera gear in my backpack so I need something highly waterproof from the inside.
Of course there are, a lot. Had it already 15years ago in bicycle backpacks i.e. Deuter.
Look into the military style backpacks at amazon, often a compartment, sometimes insulated. Not expensive

Wally has a lot, REI, Outdoor Outfitters, they are everywhere. Camelbacks etc.

IDK why, but I can not find any backpacks with water bags inside. I mostly ride long hauls and usually take water breaks so I was wondering if there is some kind of backpack I can wear that comes with a water holder but I can not find any similar product on the internet.

I found this one Viking Apex BMW ADV Touring Tank Bag with Hydration Pack but which would be a better option? a tank bag with the hydration pack or a backpack?
IMHO the tank bag. I don't like a backpack on my back, especially for longer rides, when it is a small one, under the jacket, well, debatable.
The smaller one, frozen, between jacket and back, is always a cold drink and helps cool down for a certain amount of time. The Tankbag will not help you cool, but the sun will burn on it and the water may get hotter sooner. The Tankbag 'could' keep it longer cool, but this is what I cannot tell.
Just my 2 cents.

Back