1st Gen V-Max Pre-Storm Run

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentsvmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
VMax Year
I took the psyco out today for the prescibed by-monthly circulation run. All my friends know I recently built a SICK,WICKED, STUPID, Powerful Torque monster R&R124TC Harley E-Glide.
When we go out and I break out the Max, we all agree on one thing.
Ride, run, rip or cruise there's nothing out here like the Vmax!
20240324_150808.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great, good job. Any shots during re-work of the shock mounts?

View attachment 93346
Thank you FM! Yes , I have a flash drive out in the garage with the whole build on it.
I'll post up the pics next couple days, on call for work at the moment..
All bolts are M-10, the top mounts are tapped clear through.
The right side top mount bolt can be seen in this pic.
20190215_210014.jpg

Thank you FM! Yes , I have a flash drive out in the garage with the whole build on it.
I'll post up the pics next couple days, on call for work at the moment..
All bolts are M-10, the top mounts are tapped clear through.
The right side top mount bolt can be seen in this pic.
View attachment 93359
Here,s one shot of the adapter plate allowing for the 5 7/16"
extended arm length.
20190215_210257.jpg

Where did you get the ass end plastics. They really look cool
Thank ypu! I wanted a belly pan and filler panels to hide the open spaces created by the nature of an extended swing arm. NOBODY is making such body work unless you want to pay some big buck to have them laid out in fiberglass.
One day, going down an alley in a work vehicle trying to dodge all the garbage can's, I hit one. I hit another going faster, and thought, THATS IT!
There's my belly pan and panel's, the f%^&Kin trash can is indestructable!
I started checking Craigslist, bought two, laid out my templates in cardboard and aluminum foil, traced and cut, and BOOM, body work!
That 2nd pic is my first cut out of the trash can.
And 3rd one is the bike just after the wide wheel install, like a new fawn learning to stand LOL.
That last pic is an "alteration" of the belly pan for width.
TRASH.jpgCameraZOOM-20200131173522290.jpg20131116_205045.jpgIMAG0140.jpg

For the slower people (ME) what's going on there? How wide is that wheel and how does the shaft reach in there. Is it stretched?
Thank you! Yea, its a MadMax Enterprise 300mm set-up. It started out at a 3" extention, room for the MadMax 5 gal tank.
I had an output shaft spline failure that required a reconfigured u-joint and longer arms. Now its at 5 7/16'.
That long wheel base gives it a cool stance, smoother and more stable ride, especially at highway speeds.
A pic of the swing arm. The 300 Python next to the 180
016.jpg008.jpg

You are a true inspiration to creativity and exactly the kind of people this world needs more of Mr Gentsvmax A great credit to the forum Thanks for your contributions !!! The undestructo trash can body fab is simply over the top 😁😁😁

Back