Pricing question?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mild83

Reaction score
I found a 91 VMax, 40k. All stock except for a Corbin seat. The bike is in great shape, never down, clean/clear title. Seller is at $2600, bottom dollar. I'm just wondering if that is in line, or too high? I've just begun to look at picking up a Vmax, so looking for some help.

TIA!

I think the price is ok, but if it were me i would spend another 1k or so and find a vmax thats atleast 10 years newer. keep looking :twocents:

This would be a second bike, so I'm trying to keep it relatively cheap. He just had the carbs synced and a gasket replaced that was leaking a wee bit of oil, a few other service items, paid $800. Im going to sit on it, see if he will come down to $2300. I think I could justify those mile/year at that price.

Sounds good. I got my 96 for $4000. After beeing on the forums for a bit, I deffently think I should have looked around for a cheaper bike. Not worth it having to replace the transmission not even a year after buying it.

But if its motor is good then the $2600 sounds great

Thanks for all of the advice. I'm out of town this week, but hopefully will be pciking it up on Sunday.

Just make sure that second gear is good.

Seems as though Yamaha has issues w/ that second gear, haha. Isn't there somewhere on here that has what to look for with the second gear, how to test it out, etc?

Hit it in second as hard as it will go and see if it stays in gear. All the Yamaha's pretty much suffer from that malady (until you get one of our transmissions).

Sean

Hit it in second as hard as it will go and see if it stays in gear. All the Yamaha's pretty much suffer from that malady (until you get one of our transmissions).

Sean

At anytime? Just punch it in second as hard as the throttle will go?

At anytime? Just punch it in second as hard as the throttle will go?

Pretty much. I mostly felt mine slip right after I put it into second. So basicly just give it a good run through of all the gears.

Pretty much. I mostly felt mine slip right after I put it into second. So basicly just give it a good run through of all the gears.

Is there anything that could be done as a "temporary" fix that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference or that would keep it in gear for a short amount of time, such as a test ride?

Back