Progressive fork lowering kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell

Reaction score
I looked for a previous discussion. But found nothing on this subjet:confused2:

I know this is probably a stupid question.........Do you have to disassemble the lower tubes and remove the fork seals to install the kit?

Thanks!

Yes, it's not terribly difficult but they do have to come apart completely if you want to install the lowering part of the kit. If you just want to install the large springs it does not have to be taken apart much.

Sean

Yes, it's not terribly difficult but they do have to come apart completely if you want to install the lowering part of the kit. If you just want to install the large springs it does not have to be taken apart much.

Sean

Thanks Sean. So I'm assuming it would be wise to replace the seals at the same time, even though they are like new. Or is it possible to re-use them if carefully removed?

I've re-used them myself on occassion with decent results. If they let go you can always replace them.

Sean

Get a fork seal driver to make the job easier and either make the tool or buy it from Yamaha (way easier) to remove the valve assembly. Doing this is VERY easy but I recommend you go with the Race-Tech straight rate springs and some 15wt. oil. I like Silkolene but some people use power steering fluid or some wacky shit like that...:ummm:

Thanks Chris. I guess Race Tech sells a similar lowering kit? Where is the best place to buy them?

Edit. Found where. Always check the links first:bang head:

Latest posts

Back