Prototype VMax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
When I read this description, I knew someone here would recognize this as a rare prototype. Evidently before they came out w/the Gen. II, they contemplated this. Read for yourself, and you tell me, isn't this the most rare VMax ever?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/mcy/2690746132.html

Complete custom bike makes 145 horsepower at motor, 109.5 at rear tire.
Computers have been removed. Race bike.:worthy:
4 and 6 cylinder operation. I know... custom.:ummm:
Cable operated 15-horsepower lever switch. Must call, too much to list.
Hyabusas can't touch this!!!!!:eusa_dance:
Screams like a pissed off cat meows at 7,000-11,000 RPMs.
Dyno evaluation sheets on hand.
Please call Henry at 248-275-6260.
By appointment only.
NO E-MAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old-Timers use phones. :clapping:

Someone please buy this so we can all see this rare bike!

WOW! The dually 4/6 motor with cable fed clydesdales!
That's as rare as rocking horse shit!
He could get heaps more than $10 000 for that!
:rofl_200:

Gee, I wonder if he would sell me that 15hp cable switch setup!..................:biglaugh:...................Tom.

Last edited:
Must call to much BS to list. 11000rpm shifts. I like the rockin horse shit post. Thats funny as hell. My cat is stalking the pics that fire-medic put in his post. What a goofy cat.

I think someone that can keep a straight face should call with some dumb blonde questions.... But please please record and share the conversation with the rest of us!

G

I called and he told me that he also has the "high-tensile" carb chains! The biggest surprise was when he told me he took it to a MI dragstrip, US131 Martin Dragway when they had 'motorcycle night' and after he lent his bike to a professional racer who was there, the guy made two runs and came back and told him "you couldn't pay me enough to run that thing, it's got too-much power!" He said the guy's name was Jay Gleason.

So he's got that goin' for him too!

"VMax-the beast without equal for the beast within!"

I think we just met "Nad Max" lol, it's amazing how full of bullshit some people are. WTF are those wing looking things attached to the scoops? I'll bet ( according to him) they add horsepower too!!

WTF are those wing looking things attached to the scoops? I'll bet ( according to him) they add horsepower too!!

Its obvious that the wingy thingies are covering up the other 2 optional cylinders:worthy::worthy:
Oh how I wish to meet this guy...Maybe I should call him and find out who his mechanic is so I can have my 85 turned in to this...
On another note I think Im going to go tighten my carb chains and put an energy drink in the gas tank, I hear that will increase the BOOST exponentially:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Here is a link to a story about Jay Gleason and a VMAX...It doesnt look like he is too scared of it..
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2009/05/01/jay-gleason-rides-new-vmax-to-9513-at-14370/

The only thing not out of line here are the stated HP numbers..................Stock Max numbers for sure................................Tom.

Where to begin?

Computers have been removed. Race bike.
4 and 6 cylinder operation. I know... custom.
Hyabusas can't touch this!!!!!

Lets start with an interpretation into standard english:

1985 VMax with badly butchered and cheezy bodywork needs good home
145 horsepower at motor, 109.5 at rear tire (yeah, I know these are the stock numbers but I don't have the know how to make any "real" performance enhancements)
Not fuel injected (Original carbs)
V4 1200 CC engine......pulls harder than my pickup that has a V6 in it
Bad V-Boost servo, installed bicycle brake lever to actuate
I beat a guy on a Hyabusa once. In all honesty, he missed the 1st to 2nd shift and I still just barely beat him.
There is a severe bearing whine between 7,000 and 11,000 RPM. If I put the bike in neutral and hold the RPM at 7,000 you can hear it.
I have the dyno sheets from when the bike was new. It doesn't run quite that good now although with a major carb cleaning and if you can fix that bad bearing, you could probably get back to close to those numbers.

lets not forget that there are multiple reports of these engines not lasting long after a few runs into 10k + rpms

I wish you could reach out over the phone and slap people upside their heads. This guy is a perfect candidate. :lol_hitting:

He either couldn't sell his bike before so he came up with the most ridiculous description on purpose or he's been drinking some bad coolaid. Hard to say. Either way that's pretty funny.

For its brevity, I think it's as funny as the kid w/the Nissan 'drifter' for sale ad.

"By appointment only"....ooooh......exclusive....it's like making an "appointment" with the salesman to test drive your new Ferrari or something.

OOH! OOH! Lemme try with the description:

-Bone stock 25 year old motor is slightly down on stock HP. Could use a tune-up.

Computers have been removed. Race bike.

- As we all know computers have no place on a race track and serve no needed purpose. Us "old timers" use points,condensers, and distributors. Call me on my bakelite rotary dial party-line phone with questions.

4 and 6 cylinder operation. I know... custom.

- The other two cylinders are your feet, pushing it to pop-start it. Starter doesn't work oops I mean battery removed to save weight since it's a RACE BIKE. This makes you look like a total bad-ass at the strip.

- Bicycle brake lever v-boost. Servo motor rendered non-functional by removal of computer. Plus, you get to explain to everyone why your bike has 3 levers on the handlebars, which is super cool dope trick custom shit that makes panties wet all over the place.

Hyabusas can't touch this!!!!!

- Neither do any buyers.

-Spun crank bearing screams like a pissed off cat from incessant over-revving racing hayabusas. The stock 9500rpm redline doesn't apply to CUSTOM RACE motors, dipshits.

-So you can verify this bike makes slightly less than stock HP. Nobody would believe these crazy numbers if I didn't have "the papers" to prove it.

I've also added a gay fork bag from the HD accessory catalog and some goofy side panels I stole off the Bat-mobile. These help stabilize this bike at it's 180+mph top speed(and I still had throttle left, I bet it would push 200). No beginners or joyriders, this is a serious extreme performance full on race bike. Will not sell to teenagers or first time riders. Please bring racing credentials to test drive. No emails, I don't want people sending me links to forums full of haters that don't know what they're talking about.

I might have to call this guy tomorrow. Pretty sure my phone has a record conversation function.

I might have to call this guy tomorrow. Pretty sure my phone has a record conversation function.

PLEASE DO!! I would love to hear the explanations and descriptions this guy has to say:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Back