Pulled the trigger...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sal98

Reaction score
... last Friday and I officially joined the ranks of gen2 Vmax owner's. It a stock pre-ordered 2009 (#840) with 1968 miles. :eusa_dance:

I drove down to St Louis, MO from MI in a marathon 18 1/2 hour round trip journey to pick up my newest toy. Left at 12:30am last Friday and got back home at 7pm that night. It was a brutal drive, but I just wanted to get it over with rather than stretching it out over two days.

This morning I got insurance, title/plates transferred and taxes paid. Now I'm ready to take it out for a real test ride to see what this beast can do... might even have some nice... well, decent weather here in MI this coming weekend to do just that.

I haven't taken any pictures yet, but since it's an unmodified 2009 you already know what it looks like. I'll be sure to post some pics this coming weekend anyway just because I'm so excited.

:biglaugh:

Scott

Congrats Scott !
Glad you were able to make it happen, even if it was a long road trip !:worthy:
Sounds like a great find. Was it from a privite owner or dealership ?

Thanks. It was a private owner. As for the drive, I will NEVER do anything like that again... too old for that kind of sh!t. :biglaugh:

Scott

Congrats Scott!..................Looks like you'll be leading the pack on our rides next year!...............Keeping your 98 too?.........................Tom.

Lucky dog! Congratz on the new ride Scott, looking forward to riding with you next season.....

Last edited:
Congrats on the 09... And, the other very cool vehicles you own.....

Thanks guys.

FYI: The '98 will be going up for sale in the spring.

Scott

Congrats on buying a Gen2 Scott! :eusa_dance: I've done drives like that over the years for "toys" and after the feeling comes back (backside) ya know it was worth it! :biglaugh: Look forward to riding with ya next season. Regards, VMaxChuck

Thank you.

Looks like the rain will go away this weekend so I can finally get a ride on this thing. :bang head:

Scott

OH... MY... GOD!!!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

It's only 37 degrees, but the roads are dry and I just HAD to get on it. I'm sooooo going to get my ass in a sling with this thing. I only rode 18 miles and my face, knees and toes feel like blocks of ice right now, but it was definitely worth it.

Simply amazing power and the ride is so smooth I didn't even realize I was doing 110 when I got on the highway.

Snapped a few pics for the hell of it.

vmax2007.jpg

vmax2006.jpg

vmax2004.jpg

Scott

awesome! but please dont' tell me you leave those keys on the same keychain as the vmax key!!!

Nice! Congrats!
Wait to you uncork the motor and start modding it.... Totally different animal for sure!

Nice! Congrats!
Wait to you uncork the motor and start modding it.... Totally different animal for sure!

Thank you.

I honestly don't know if I will do any mods because... A) I'm cheap B) this thing far exceeds my skill/talent level to push it to it's limits as it sits and C) I'm cheap. :biglaugh:

Scott

Thank you.

I honestly don't know if I will do any mods because... A) I'm cheap B) this thing far exceeds my skill/talent level to push it to it's limits as it sits and C) I'm cheap. :biglaugh:

Scott

No shame in that!
But just know there is LOTS more if you want it

awesome ride man. they are beastly. +1 on the keys, theyll scratch up your clearcoat and that whole thing will peel

Latest posts

Back