puting engine back in the frame ???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashmymax

Reaction score
I am puting the engine back in my frame today and i am wondering what should be installed on the engine first. The only thing i have put on is the intake manifolds. Is there anything else that will be alot easier to put on now before its in the frame? thanks

If you have the valve covers off put them on now, if you add much else it will just get in the way. Everything else can be put on afterward. I removed the swing arm so it would be easier to install the engine w/o the middle drive gear.

Probably swingarm, driveshaft, final drive, rear wheel for sure. Hook up the oil level switch, stator and p/u coils to harness. Exhaust system and can hook up coolant lines too.

For sure take the middle gear out. Will make the job far easier and less aggravating even with having to take the swingarm off.

Sean

Thanks guys engine is back in. Just a few scuffs in the new paint job.

Attachments

• IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMAG0039.jpg
    IMAG0039.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 38
Having the mid gear out makes the scuffs minimal if any and a simple job compared to trying it with the section still in place. Looking good so far.

Sean

Spray some paint into a spray paint can, lid and use a Q-Tip to touch the engine up.... Works all the time on various things for me...
Red and Black, I love it....

Back