R1 brake caliper tool

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdinkelman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of the tools for removing the R1 brake caliper piston bolts? I am looking to disassemble the set I have for to have the calipers chromed.

If I could borrow / buy it, let me know!!

Thanks!

Does anyone have one of the tools for removing the R1 brake caliper piston bolts? I am looking to disassemble the set I have for to have the calipers chromed.

If I could borrow / buy it, let me know!!

Thanks!

You didn't say please... :confused2:

:biglaugh:

You have enough chrome on those bikes!!! If you keep this up I will be forced to wash mine!!!

:rofl_200:

If that's what you are thinking it's a real pain in the ass. Cleaning the threads out is next to impossible. I have a pair I chromed and it would have maybe gone back together better had I not chromed the inserts.

Sean

I hadn't planned on chroming the inserts. I was planning on having those re-anodized. In fact, I'm not quite sure if I will chrome them or not. When I finally started working on them last week, I found that the left side looks like it has some minor road rash on it. Of course it couldn't be the right side one which I happen to have 2 of!

Right now I just want to completely disassemble them and clean the junk out. I'm running DOT5 in my system and need to get all of the old stuff out.

So, Sean. What would it take to be able to borrow / rent that tool from you???

By the way, I think that Kellie PayPal'd you some money for shipping that ignition module to us to have as a standby in case hers failed. I forgot all about it when we gave it back to you in Topeka!

And Frank, if you clean your bike, what's going to stop all the bolts from vibrating out? :biglaugh:

make sure to email me a reminder so we can get it printed out and ship it to you.

Sean

Back