R1 caliper spot removal tool

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odieoh24

Reaction score
hi, my name is jeff. i been a member here for some time, now i need some help! i'm just about to install the new chromed 05 R1 forks on my 97 max. i want to have the calipers chromed as well, but i want to keep the spots gold. i know there was someone who made a tool to remove these. just cant find the post! does anyone here know where to procure one of these tools? any help would be greatly appreciated.
regards
odieoh24

hi, my name is jeff. i been a member here for some time, now i need some help! i'm just about to install the new chromed 05 R1 forks on my 97 max. i want to have the calipers chromed as well, but i want to keep the spots gold. i know there was someone who made a tool to remove these. just cant find the post! does anyone here know where to procure one of these tools? any help would be greatly appreciated.
regards
odieoh24

Here ya go

http://qualitypartsonline.com/tools.htm

Nice tool. I have a custom made socket that works well that i can loan out (we offer chrome work too). The hardest part is getting it back in after chroming. I would suggest to not chrome the insert though I am not sure which was the biggest problem.

Sean

Back