race ecu

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02Moneypit

Reaction score
I bought a race ecu for the 09 but when i installed it in the bike it would not start so i thought it was faulty and sent it back.The replacement one showed up today and it still wont start.There must be a difference between us and canada vmax.I need if anyone has it a wiring harness diagram of the plug ins on the ecu so i can compare the connector plug diagram to the us diagram.This has been corrected by a guy in europe,he bought the ecu and it would not work as well,he did the wire swap according to the diagram and it worked out perfect.I tried the same 8 wire swap and it does not work on mine,starts but reads a error code.I am wondering if the canadian version is different from the europe version,any help will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

I'm no expert, but I know someone who is. I would talk to Tim Nash, aka the VMax Guru.

http://www.vmaxguru.com

He's good about returning emails and has a wealth of knowledge. He'd be the one to ask. Hope this helps.

I'm no expert, but I know someone who is. I would talk to Tim Nash, aka the VMax Guru.

http://www.vmaxguru.com

He's good about returning emails and has a wealth of knowledge. He'd be the one to ask. Hope this helps.

Thanks alot for the responce but i figured it out last night.The wiring harness for canada and europe are the same,us is different,im assuming its something to do with emissions.I had to change around 8 of the pins on the large plug in to the ecu,and its works fine.Got this info from the starvmax site,a guy from spain with some help from others figured it out and i just followed their instructions.Thanks.

Can you post the instructions here so folks that may encounter the same problem can have a ready resource on this forum. Thanks buddy and see you soon!

PS: That ECU aint helping on Aug 2nd:biglaugh:

Can you post the instructions here so folks that may encounter the same problem can have a ready resource on this forum. Thanks buddy and see you soon!

PS: That ECU aint helping on Aug 2nd:biglaugh:

I am so looking forward to aug 2nd jimmy,maybe we should take high res pics of the front of the bike with jodi's camera so you can see/remember what its looks like because on aug 2nd all you will see will be the back disapering out of site.WHOOOAAA.:rofl_200::biglaugh::eusa_dance:

HEHEHEHEHE, let the smack talking begin!!! Don't worry, should be a great race day. Will have to see how the SnowMax and Moneypit part Deux match up.

While at the Demo run there was a "stock" '09 that ran on the dyno later in the day that they claimed hit 178 at the rear wheel! It was one of the reps bike so I'm sure it wasn't "stock" and probably had a race ecu in it. Exhaust looked stock so I'm not sure if just a race ecu would pull that much?
I haven't rode Snowmax, but I just rode a '09(not very hard) and it was impressive...at least compared to what wimpy ol' Redbone can do. I needed some more time and space to see what a '09 could do though, it was a little intimidating after riding a gen1!
I think Snowmax vs. MP part Deux would be fun to watch! :punk:

I don't know, Snowmax against an '09? I think it will be too close to call. When it happens, we will need VIDEO!!!

Well I have been fortunate enough to ride both the Snowmax and Moneypit - part deux (09) and let me say that they are both very impressive machines - BUT let me just say it right here, right now - NEITHER of them can take Shadowmax - that's right I said it - Neitttther of them!

:th_wine: hick, that's right, hick neither can beat :th_drink:- :sleep:

If Jim could get his ass down to my place, he would have the EFI on Snowmax for the showdown! :biglaugh:

If Jim could get his ass down to my place, he would have the EFI on Snowmax for the showdown! :biglaugh:
I'm not sure on this Buster but I think Jodie is better looking than you?:biglaugh:
I'm just saying, that might be the reason he stays down south so much and has no time to install the EFI...:confused2::ummm::rofl_200:

I'm not sure on this Busterm but I think Jodie is better looking than you?:biglaugh:
I'm just saying, that might be the reason he stays down south so much and has no time to install the EFI...:confused2::ummm::rofl_200:
OK, will have to stop :th_love031: for a few minutes and head over. Found a dyno here in London that will tune it for me if needed. May have to hop over on Sunday Buster and pick it up!!!

OK, will have to stop :th_love031: for a few minutes and head over. Found a dyno here in London that will tune it for me if needed. May have to hop over on Sunday Buster and pick it up!!!
Hey jimmy you are going to need all the help you can get:biglaugh:.LETS GET READY TO RUMBULLLLLLLLLL,HAHA.:rofl_200:

Nothing like a real GRUDGE MATCH!
Come on sling some mud. Let's get this going:biglaugh:

Dale #2592

ROFLMAO!!! Yep a real grudge match, a true test of two modified bikes to see who's comes out on top LOL. I guess all I have to prove is that if you throw enough money at a Gen 1 (ok Gen 1.75) it can compete with the Gen 2. Hell I don't even have to win, just keep it close LOL. When I win all it will show is that if you spend ~$40k (including purchase price of the bike) on a Gen 1 you can make it go really stinking fast and compete with a $25k, or in this case a $35k Gen 2. Of course I am going to mount a small camera on the tail of SnowMax, just so I can show folks what a Gen 2 looks like from the front while drag racing:eusa_dance:

Nothing like a real GRUDGE MATCH!
Come on sling some mud. Let's get this going:biglaugh:

Dale #2592

Yeah!!! Let's hear some trash talk guys!!! The camera on the tail is a good start....I can't see Sheldon taking that sitting down!! :rofl_200:

Just what you need,,,,eh? Some friggin' instigator from the states mixing everything up!!

Yeah!!! Let's hear some trash talk guys!!! The camera on the tail is a good start....I can't see Sheldon taking that sitting down!! :rofl_200:

Just what you need,,,,eh? Some friggin' instigator from the states mixing everything up!!
I'll get them reved up at the Icebreaker for sure! I'll throw 'ol Redbone out there just as fodder just to get them pumped up from the fresh kill! :biglaugh:

I think the new Max is just all hype! :confused2:

:biglaugh::rofl_200::punk:

Dale #2592

I think the new Max is just all hype! :confused2:

:biglaugh::rofl_200::punk:

Dale #2592

It must be with all the stuff they have to do to it to get it to run!:biglaugh:
But, you know when I rode on Manitoulin Island with Jim I had no trouble keeping up with him. :confused2:
I guess 'ol Redbone may still have some spark left in her!:punk:

:rofl_200:

Back