race tech springs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax1125

Reaction score
once again i need some help i want to order race tech single rate springs but i also want to lower the front 1"to 2" it seems they dont make lowering sets for late model maxes but i know some of you guys have them. i already have the emulators just need the right springs so anyone that can help please holla.
Chris :bang head:

once again i need some help i want to order race tech single rate springs but i also want to lower the front 1"to 2" it seems they dont make lowering sets for late model maxes but i know some of you guys have them. i already have the emulators just need the right springs so anyone that can help please holla.
Chris :bang head:

Sure they do!

I have my forks completely fitted with Race-Tech and it's dropped two in front. Just make some 2 inch spacers to drop it!

Chris

so you have standard racetech springs and just installed 2" spacers for the drop is that right. what rate spring did you go with based on my weight they say 0.94 so its 0.95 or 1.0 any thoughts where i might want to be for firm but not stiff.
Chris

so you have standard racetech springs and just installed 2" spacers for the drop is that right. what rate spring did you go with based on my weight they say 0.94 so its 0.95 or 1.0 any thoughts where i might want to be for firm but not stiff.
Chris

.95 will work for ya!

Chris

depending on your riding style will make the difference. If you really like to run the corners aggressively go with the higher rate springs. You can vary the fluid viscosity to make some ride harseness changes.

Sean

i emailed racetech today and they said they only do lowering springs in house did everybody send their forks to racetech or get standard springs and use the spacers. i would like to order the springs but i dont want to get the wrong part.
Chris :ummm:

Back