Radiator reflector?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get new ones?(reflectors in the shrouds) My project bike has a dud one which needs replacing. I have checked bikebandit but they don't seem to list them as a separate item.
Anyone know of any places? Even tried Egay but there was a pair of complete shrouds which went for too much anyway.

The make and model # are listed on the back of the reflectors. Maybe if you googled that, something would come up? I cant remember what the model # was but I believe they are made by Stanley.

Yep, if you can't get any new holler at me and i'll round a couple up (or one).

Sean

Do you HAVE to have them? I filled mine in and had them painted black... Looks the bee's knees IMO.

Or with a little simple wiring you could pop these in and have LED blinker/marker lights for more turning visibility to cagers in the other lanes.
I have them and they are really bright, they fit exactly like the stock ones and don't need any additional electronics to blink, just splice them into your existing blinker wiring.

http://www.scootworks.com/shop.cgi/page=partsyamlightbar1.htm/SID=PUT_SID_HERE

http://www.cyclepartsusa.com/store/product.php?cat=0&page=7&productid=27249
Or here, cheaper.

http://www.premiercycleaccessories.com/Amber_Led_Marker_Light_p/bbp16-107a.htm

I cheated,bought mine with NO RADIATOR shrouds at all let alone reflectors so first I made some out ofr floor molding as shown in picture 1

then I stole these in picture 2 off one of our other bikes and made them fit,i think they look pretty cool AND they have reflectors

Attachments

• p_00111.jpg
    p_00111.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMGA0325.JPG
    IMGA0325.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 52
Thanks for the replies and all the suggestions. I've dropped a message to Greek_ Law and I'll see how that goes.
Looks like I have plenty of options anyway:eusa_dance:

Hey Steve , what no chromey bits to fix that prob . Maybe something to match ya radiator guard . :confused2:
He He Matthew, nice, trying to goad Jedi into making up a piece to replace your bulky stock pieces. I'm sure he has enough to do getting his new Vmax put back together properly with out designing a nice set of side covers cut out of SS, maybe even utilizing the stock mesh on a backside cutout but he's probably thought of it already. He may be getting frustrated with the unwieldly stock piece, having to fill this and replace that...then you come along suggestig a new piece.
Steve maybe has some SS stock laying around and could cut out the shape/ design then with a couple bends....But you don't want to bother him with that, now do you Matthew! :ummm:

He He Matthew, nice, trying to goad Jedi into making up a piece to replace your bulky stock pieces. I'm sure he has enough to do getting his new Vmax put back together properly with out designing a nice set of side covers cut out of SS, maybe even utilizing the stock mesh on a backside cutout but he's probably thought of it already. He may be getting frustrated with the unwieldly stock piece, having to fill this and replace that...then you come along suggestig a new piece.
Steve maybe has some SS stock laying around and could cut out the shape/ design then with a couple bends....But you don't want to bother him with that, now do you Matthew! :ummm:

I think your right, Brian! Why would Jedi want to make some very nice custom ss radiator side covers to put on that beautiful project bike, when he can have the stock plastic ones with reflectors :confused2:

I mean why put custom stainless steel pieces on when the plastic stock will do just fine - I'm I right?

Mike

Hey cut that out thats not what i meant at all , just thort that it would suit the guard that he had designed for his radiator thats all as we know how much he loves chrome , besides Steve has already offered to make what ever i need . :clapping: Plus i like the stock look .

There has to be some bikes around on this forum that are stock otherwise we would forget what it originally looked like :punk:

So sorry to say Brian , this time you got it wrong .

Yeah, you guys are right, I was tryin' to 'splainit and it got all sorta convoylooted like, sorry! Mike said it better, Steve never listens to me anyways, he's just looks at my avatar and moves on.:biglaugh:

I figured it was less painful and much less work to just put some stock ones back in.
Why go down the road to buy milk when you can have a cow at home?:confused2:

Anyway wait till you see my spiffy ss waterpump cover....pics later in user mods.

Back