Randomly flashing signals

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
Here's another (and the last!) of the nagging issues on my bike. When the motor is idling, the turn signals will flash normally for about 10 seconds, then start to wig out and flash totally randomly. Pick the RPM's up a tad and it goes back to normal, and they work fine when on the highway. Only notice it idling at an intersection.

So it would seem the voltage was too low, and it was. My running voltage was only about 12.5 volts or so. I've since put a mosfet r/r in(voltage good when cold, faded out when the motor warmed up), and then a new stator. I have 13v idle, and 14.4 steady above about 2000 RPM regardless of load. There's absolutely no difference in the weird turn signals despite the better voltage.

My Magna used to do this also and I never figured it out, it was 100% stock and had had 14v idle, 14.5 off idle.

Is my relay going bad(it's been like this for over a year, since I got the bike), or is that just how these are?

never once had that happen to me, but i'm stock on my electrical. sorry man. only thing my harlan light flashes now at low RPMs sometimes.

It could be a relay but could also be a bad bulb or signal wiring too.

Back