Rare Breed?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnclePhilthy

Reaction score
Me n' Aunt Phloozie, accompanied by two of The Crew, attended a bike party in the little coastal town of New Port Richie yesterday... Downtown completely closed to all traffic other than bikes. Probably close to a thousand or more, at the time we were there. Lots of vendors, several good bands, food, bike show etc...

Looking for other 'Max's... None to be found. Someone told me they had seen a 'red one' parked 'somewhere' on Main St... couldn't find it anywhere....

While we're in a cafe, ours is parked in lot with son's pretty HD Nighttrain, and daughter-in-law's 'busa... Look outside and several had gathered to look over the Max... I do love the attention it gets...but damn, it can get a little lonely sometimes, being the only one, or so it seems, around here.

Sitting at a stoplight, several others we don't know behind us...we hear "look!, ... there's a VMax!"

"Oh Lord, It's Hard To Be Humble!", but I keep trying!

Uncle Philthy

Me n' Aunt Phloozie, accompanied by two of The Crew, attended a bike party in the little coastal town of New Port Richie yesterday... Downtown completely closed to all traffic other than bikes. Probably close to a thousand or more, at the time we were there. Lots of vendors, several good bands, food, bike show etc...

Looking for other 'Max's... None to be found. Someone told me they had seen a 'red one' parked 'somewhere' on Main St... couldn't find it anywhere....

While we're in a cafe, ours is parked in lot with son's pretty HD Nighttrain, and daughter-in-law's 'busa... Look outside and several had gathered to look over the Max... I do love the attention it gets...but damn, it can get a little lonely sometimes, being the only one, or so it seems, around here.

Sitting at a stoplight, several others we don't know behind us...we hear "look!, ... there's a VMax!"

"Oh Lord, It's Hard To Be Humble!", but I keep trying!

Uncle Philthy
sounded like a great time uncle hope you where a good boy

With the cost of the new vmax at $18,000,
and they quit making the original vmax at $11,000,
Chances of seeing another max at any rally is going to be fewer & fewer.

But on the bright side it's cool to be the only vmax around and get all the attention...

Damn Philthy , I should have called you - I was there too !!! I was parked by the Verizon building because I got there a little late & it was freakin' packed. I too thought I had the only Max there - glad I was wrong. Wish I met up with ya Bro - I'll be at Quaker Steak & Lube this Wednesday down on 49th St in Clearwater. My buddy just picked up a V65 Sabre so we're going there for his shakedown cruise. Believe it or not, Quaker Steak's crowd every Wed. is as big as NPR's was last night - but not as many Outlaws. :biglaugh:

Damn I wished I'd known about this - we could've had 3 Maxes there! I just happened to be home in Tampa over the weekend, so Port richey's just next door..
OTOH max was playing up yesterday so I had to shotgun it again, but that's another story.

Hey Rich... We were 'opposit' went pretty early (9'ish) in the morning, just me' n' son, and DIL on her 'busa. Then went back home around noon, picked up Aunt Phloozie, and returned... stayed 'till around 3p, and it was getting real crowded by that time... Saw a few nice V65's...that was what I was originally looking for last year, when I 'discovered' the Vmax. Still like V65's a lot, but (I'm sure) way happier with what I have...

I'm a pretty tired FOG today...not all from riding..but from all the damn walking...never was in the 'leg infantry'... Looking for another 'max, and lot lots of other really fine rides. OL's not a problem for me...though I saw none...good thing likely...as there were some 'others' there...and that can always be a problem. Especially if they're flying a "Florida" rocker.

NG...at least three of my crew own and ride HD's, and my 'max is my first and last ever import... it was always HD's for MANY years before...you know, the 'snotty attitude people' you mentioned... you'd still be welcome to hang out if you'd like...but you'd best rethink the 'snotty attitude' thing.. or be prepared to take a lesson in basic manners from some real FL rednecks.

And if you hurry, you could make the same event today.. it's a 2 day thing..

Philthy

I've heard the "Wow, a VMax!" for the last 23 years, and I agree - it never gets old! I'm kinda glad Yamamama never sold millions of these bikes - part of the coolness is the rareness.

I've heard the "Wow, a VMax!" for the last 23 years, and I agree - it never gets old! I'm kinda glad Yamamama never sold millions of these bikes - part of the coolness is the rareness.

I would have to agree with you. Every time I go to the cycle shop and park amongst the cookie cutter crotch rockets inevitably they all gather around the Max. I have even had requests to fire her up so they can listen to distinctive sound.

I agree with you Unc, it is hard to be humble
Cheers

Latest posts

Back