Rattle can special

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$1,000 and I was ready to walk any higher. I forgot to mention the starter has the "box of rocks" sound so add that to the bad. Also found that half the choke plunger arms are loose on the rods with one with no set screw at all. Funny thing is it starts and idles just fine. Go figure?!
Fork tube lowers were polished and will be easy to bring back. Eager to get started but already feel like I might get into deeper than I want too because I am too picky. Pics to follow as soon as tear down commences.

1000 bucks for a runner sounds ok to me. Lotta detail work maybe but doesn't sound like much cash outlay.

Too bad I missed you Phil. Could have dropped off the metal parts we spoke of. Don't get over to west Miami much and was surprised how packed in the houses are. Fires could get ugly! Nice drive through Indian country though. If I ever want an airboat ride, I know where to go!

US 41 is a nice drive, see you the next time. Leaving Milwaukee now.

I just started second shift so I had a few hours this July 4th and started the teardown. Heres what I found so far
c6e4c815-ae81-28fc.jpg

Wrong routing of radiator hose not only pinched it but trashed the fan blade. So reroute and replace fan assy
c6e4c815-aef5-bd7d.jpg

What's this. Boost pressure line attached where? That's not the only reason the boost did not kick in.
c6e4c81d-afad-5341.jpg

At least the cable still slides nice and pulls the butterflies smoothly.
c6e4c81d-b020-3ea3.jpg

What the? I guess this fix is cheaper than finding the right part and replacing it
c6e4c81d-b0ca-b704.jpg

Common kickstand switch fix. Wonder if it was even neccessary.
Suppose that is enough for now. Removed a handful of mismatched, non factory hardware, zip ties and electric tape. A good degreasing/washing next.

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

c6e4c815-aef5-bd7d.jpg

What's this. Boost pressure line attached where? That's not the only reason the boost did not kick in.

Thats not the Boost pressure line Pat. Its the vacuum pickup for the Vacuum sensor AKA Boost sensor for advance timing adjustment by TCI... And it seems properly installed... Unless i misunderstood what you said...

I am w/The Weasel, that's the right hookup as far as I know.

Looks like a lot of what the sailing community would call 'flying fixes' to keep under sail. You are probably gonna find a lot of things, hope it doesn't extend to the motor internals!

Yeah, I had to look it up in my manual. "pressure sensor", not boost sensor. It is a strain gauge that amplifies signal to control ignition timing advance. Thanks for the correction guys!

Stripping continues. Getting some parts lined up and pulling all my stashed parts out. Good douche next.
c6e4c812-f807-ce5b.jpg
c6e4c812-f816-4a5f.jpg
c6e4c812-f82b-52b5.jpg
c6e4c812-f837-f2a2.jpg
c6e4c812-f842-0e0a.jpg
c6e4c812-f84d-15f7.jpg

Looks like I better order more powder!

What year was the bike? I didn't see the pic of the bike in the ad was deleted . Was it that bad lol?

1986-27,000 miles.
c6e4c81e-11f5-c343.jpg
c6e4c81e-1227-aecc.jpg
c6e4c81e-1253-9b6b.jpg
c6e4c81e-1282-2ddf.jpg

Title read "yellow" which it was. Not that flat black looks bad, it just wasn't done well. Maybe it will be flat black but done right or at least better!

Hell, mine is rattle canned and dont give a crap what anyone says. I actually ride mine, not polish and jerk off on it. Less time cleaning, more riding. Since i rattle canned mine, maybe i deserve to be punched. I will give directions, and you can trailer your pretty boy bike down here and try!
Just sayin.

Hell, mine is rattle canned and dont give a crap what anyone says. I actually ride mine, not polish and jerk off on it. Less time cleaning, more riding. Since i rattle canned mine, maybe i deserve to be punched. I will give directions, and you can trailer your pretty boy bike down here and try!
Just sayin.

Don't get your panties into a wad tough guy. I was just being sarcastic, I'm not going to physically acost somebody because I don't like their paint job.

Just tired of people dogging others that are at least getting out and riding. I ride with people regardless of what they ride, or how rough it looks. I dont care if its a brand new harley, or an old scooter they drug out of a junkyard. If they want to ride i am more than happy to tale em out and show them some good roads. I thought the idea of motorcycles was just getting out and getting your kmees in the breeze. Didnt know there was a dress code!

Latest posts

Back