Rear Exhaust Header

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell

Reaction score
I pulled my S-Trapps & rear headers for jet hot coating and the coater had a little issue with the "right side" #3 cylinder header. I went ahead and picked up the S-trapps and the "left" #1 cylinder header in hopes of getting one side installed this weekend.

Anyway, when I removed the headers, I forgot which header had to come out first? Anybody know which rear header pipe needs to go back in first:ummm:

i don't think it matters at all. whichever way you can get them both in there to spec...

Think I fed #1 cyl. pipe in first, about 1/2 way, then #3 cyl. pipe, again about 1/2 way, then brought them up the rest of the way together.

I haven't had my exhaust off since May but I think with my Mark's it did matter. Like Danny said, the header for the #1 cylinder needs to be first in then before tightening it down maneuver the other pipe in.

I've fed the fronts first, then the rear cyls. All 4 pipes were loose, then after I got them aligned, I tightened up the lot.

Back