Rear fender problem...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
So I did a search on these forums and been looking at my Clymers.... I'm thinking the previous owner removed a part I wasn't aware of.

The way I understand it from the Clymers is there should be a metal inner fender with the plastic one? Mine apparently doesnt have the metal one... and the plastic one has apparently broken in the spots where the plastic slots are supposed to be(now they're just to big holes where the metal tabs on the bike have broken the plastic.

So my rear fender is just held on by two bolts... and it's a bit lose. I'm apprehensive of tightening them down for fear of cracking/breaking the plastic even more.

So my question is... if I get this metal piece... would that help secure the current fender in place? Or will I need a new fender as well?

Thanks for any help/advice(still learning about this bike....slowly).

Hi I noticed you have a problem with your fender. You do need the inner support. I can help you out with a perfect fender and a perfect support for $100.00. I have many the fenders are like new no cracks or defects in excellent condition. email me Big Wheel

the inner piece should do it. lots of guys on the forum would have spare parts, start with sean morley....

Lots remove the rear inner fender for cosmetic reasons, but it is structural. I think I'd want a custom or reinforced fender if I caned the steel inner. Anything can be fixed if you have the time.But like said above, used ones are all over.There should be 3 bolts holding the rear fender, bolted through the grab rail.

I think the only way you could get away with removing the inner fender would be to minimize the weight of taillight and plate holder. Say with LED lights and minimal plate bracket like this:

Attachments

• DSC01433.jpg
    DSC01433.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC04671.JPG
    DSC04671.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 28
all I did was keep inner part and drilled out out rivets to remove the plate holder and light. moved lisence plate up and added led lights where reflector is behind seat.....see more rear tire and losses funny tail lgt.

Back