Rear shock lowering mounts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikemax04

Reaction score
For those not willing to spend mucho bucks on shorter shocks, can look at an alternative method for mere change. Top and bottom are both 1" further apart, giving me a 2" lower rear. Not all that hard to do.

Attachments

• Topshokbrkt.jpg
    Topshokbrkt.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 245
  • Leftbotbracket.jpg
    Leftbotbracket.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 220
Re: Lowering Blocks

i would be interested in that...like the soft ride of the stock rear springs

are there any kits made after market that you know of shaw that makes kits like that..maybe just using the top
To me the top looks the most unsafe.You can get new progressives 10-13 inch from U/motors for less than $200. They won't bounce like a basketball either like the stockers when you really slam on the back brakes.emergency braking!

MikeMax.... good post, this has gotten my attention and the gears upstairs are starting to turn... I have some structural concerns as Shawn mentioned, but I think you are on to something. I too want a lower look, but I don't want it bad enough to shell out $200. So what will probably happen is I'll spend countless hours working on just the right setup, spend about $150 on odds and ends, and then I'll get pissed off that it doesn't look right and then go to U-motors and get the lowered shocks.... I'll see if I can come up with something, and we can see if it will pass "Shawn's Seal of Approval".
Jeff (now in Wichita..... with Sean)

Yeah Jeff and you'll still be behind as the stockers suck!:whistlin:

FYI! This thread is over a year old!

Yeah Jeff and you'll still be behind as the stockers suck!:whistlin:

FYI! This thread is over a year old!

now thats some usefull info..thanks a lot :surprise:

Mike made those mounts. I don't think he is around anymore. :bang head:

After a long absence from this Forum, I've returned and want Shawn Kloker to know that those lowering blocks are still on the bike and I've ridden it now for six years, two up, and have had NO problems at all. Haven't touched the mounts since their install. Feels great getting your feet flat on the ground. :clapping:

I am the type of person that doesn't want anything to look like an add-on. For the ones that want my two cents about the structural soundness of it. ( I have been doing structural modifications and welding for 20 years) The bottom mount does not bugg me for one second. Now the top mount it is hard for me to see how it all really works. If it is actually only attatched in one place on the stock frame then I am nervouse. The twisting motion on the stock mount can cause metal fatigue and seriouse issues later down the road. If it is actually has more than one attachment point to the frame on the upper then no issues. I hope that I have not offended the maker / designer. It is a damn good idea for the people that do not want to shell out the cash for the aftermarket shocks , but still want the lowered look.
Scooter

Back