Rear Shock Upgrades

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John do you have a post regarding that exhaust? I just bought some of those rfy shocks.. Mostly for the black and gold color. They were 75 bucks on amazon.

Yea, the bad thing is they were designed and setup for scooters with about half the weight of the Vmax.

Sean

$1,000 FOR SLIP-ONS? :surprise:
They may sound/look nice, but for my $, a good full 4/1 at the same price is far-better for power, if that's what you're after. Sure they are balanced at the top-end of the rev range where they have the most effect, but the 'buy-in' of the Exactrep's if indeed they are only slip-ons is too-rich for my taste. FYI, I own a Mark's 4/1, a Kerker 4/1 and a UFO 4/1.

I didn't see anything in the catalog which said it was a full system. And, there's no scavenging w/4/4's. They just sound & look good.

They sound good, and look good. Do you recall your buy-in? The current VATax $ is too-much for me. Any chance there is no VAT when shipped out of country?

Oh, my god, man you're on the wrong side of the road!:biglaugh:

I like the reflection of the passing scenery from the cans.

They sound good, and look good. Do you recall your buy-in? The current VATax $ is too-much for me. Any chance there is no VAT when shipped out of country?

Oh, my god, man you're on the wrong side of the road!:biglaugh:

I like the reflection of the passing scenery from the cans.

I think I paid around €400 for them, but back then the euro was trading much stronger!
I don't think they charge VAT when shipping outside the EU, but you might be caught on your side?

And only half of us drive on the left, the other half stick to the right :biglaugh:

Correct, no VAT is charged when shipped to America. You do pay the exchange rate though. Very upsetting to see just what an American dollar is worth these days.

I've been riding around on a cheap eBay pair of shocks since June, better than stock but I'm not sure if they're as good as 440s

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

http://vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=21481

I have the cheap ebay ones too. I wanted all silver and chrome springs. I'm currently emailing a custom coil spring company on making custom coils for these shocks. they bottom out when I hit bumps in the road. I guess I could lose some weight. Not.

Oops, forgot to include pics.

Are you sure it's not your caliper bolt hitting off the bottom of the shock resovoir? that's one problem I had (but I have the blue spot upgrade)

and where are the spokes on your wheel? and why do you have dual discs on the back? and.. oh, wait a second :biglaugh:

Are you sure it's not your caliper bolt hitting off the bottom of the shock resovoir? that's one problem I had (but I have the blue spot upgrade)

and where are the spokes on your wheel? and why do you have dual discs on the back? and.. oh, wait a second :biglaugh:

Oh yeah, I had the problem with the bolt hitting. but when I hit bumps or dips in the road I feel a solid hit and it goes straight up my back. Feels like it's bottoming. I've been emailing Kevin at coil springs dot com and he can make progressive springs for my body weight. so I'm going to remove one coil spring from the shock and send it to him for reference. My rear wheel is solid, I have only 1 brake rotor on the rear.

Attachments

• j vmax 2013-12-1 l.jpg
    j vmax 2013-12-1 l.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 35
  • j vmax 2013-12-1 k.jpg
    j vmax 2013-12-1 k.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Back