Red Coolant

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell

Reaction score
I'm looking at replacing my water pump cover with a clear cover, but don't want it to look green. Anybody use the Red Toyota antifreeze "Not Dexcool" in their bike without issues.:ummm:

I do, great stuff! I checked it a couple of days ago and still clean!

I do, great stuff! I checked it a couple of days ago and still clean!

Thanks Mark, appreciate the info. So from the research I did, the red Toyota antifreeze is essentially the green glycol type with red dye added to it. Of course there are a few other good ingredients, but nothin that will harm an aluminum engine. So what made you want to use it in your bike?

It was recommended by Don Old Man Smith. It's made for aluminum engines and keeps the system very clean. I change it every two years.

Another good one is Redline coolant! :eusa_dance: I use engine ice but do not have those bling plates on mine...:biglaugh:

Redline product. Hmm, Isn't their stuff called "water wetter".

They make a coolant too.

I changed mine out last spring 2007 and was amazed how clean it was compared to my SV's. It sill had little chunks of rubber in it. I ran white vinegar and distilled water through it twice and then added the engine ice.

Cheers

They make a coolant too.

I changed mine out last spring 2007 and was amazed how clean it was compared to my SV's. It sill had little chunks of rubber in it. I ran white vinegar and distilled water through it twice and then added the engine ice.

Cheers

Excellent. I'll check into it. Did you actually flush the system with vinegar & water. Or "run it" through the engine:confused2:

Excellent. I'll check into it. Did you actually flush the system with vinegar & water. Or "run it" through the engine:confused2:

I filled it like I was adding coolant and ran it to temp and dumped twice and then used straight distilled water to flush and then added the coolant after removing the water.

Yeah... I am anal when it comes to cleaning things... Inside and out...:biglaugh:

Last edited:
I use the Toyota Red with a clear water pump cover. I bought the premix and it's a very light red. Makes the water pump very visable through the cover. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 37
Not to be rude but I think I would add a few drops of food coloring to red to make it BLOOD red. That looks a bit pink IMO...

Anti-freeze is clear and all they do is add color so why not add a few drops of red to it? I really can't see a few drops harming anything right?:confused2:

Not to be rude but I think I would add a few drops of food coloring to red to make it BLOOD red. That looks a bit pink IMO...

Anti-freeze is clear and all they do is add color so why not add a few drops of red to it? I really can't see a few drops harming anything right?:confused2:

Absolutely, thats my plan. I will defintely mix it dark as hell:angry flame devil:

Back