Rename forum?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bigger user base

Buster,
a quick link at the top/bottom of every page that will take you to a "how to" would be good. I use a computer veeryday for my job, & still had to play around a bit to post. Good job asking for input, Trust your instincts, it is obvious that you have some "horse sense"! Thanks for your efforts!
John W Arvada CO
Black98Vmax
VMOA # 1140

Glad I stumbled onto this site. Was in the process of setting up a very similair site since I can't stand the Yahoo groups and I couldn't find any other US boards. So I picked up vmaxaddict.com and was just about to start crankning away on it when I found this place.

I've been hanging on the UK board (VmaxChat) since I got my max last October and they are a great group of folks, but I still get a bit lost in the slang from time to time. Specially those welsh blokes, they have their own language all together (sorry guy's, had to take a jab) :)

Not sure what the hosting arrangements are here, but if for any reason you ever need help in that area, give me a yell. I have over 60gb of webspace and over a terabyte of bandwidth a month at my disposal. Would be happy to host and not charge a dime (if you ever need it).

I certainly prefer forums of this nature. I'm more of a PHPBB guy, but Vbulletin is a great setup as well.

Calimus, send a PM to Buster Hymen, he is the admin of this site. Im sure he would be interested in chatting with you about hosting and what not. Welcome to the site!

Cool, thx for the info. I'll try to contact him a bit later in the weke maybe. Don't want to seem pushy or anything like that since I'm the new guy in these parts.

Maybe a couple of non bike related categories might liven things up a bit.

I think the FZ1OA site is far and away the best bike related site out there, maybe one of their moderators would be willing to share what's worthwhile and what isn't. They seem to be a laid back sort. I think wArDoG is the Grand Pooba.

Then again we have to remember that there are MANY more FZ1's around than VMaxes, if my observations are representative, so this site will always have limited membership.

Back