Renntech Backrest / Rack on eBay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea i love mine, the girl likes it better than a normal one because she can lean against it all the time; where others are too far back and only act as a 'catch'

i saw one on ebay as well but it's made by Mr. personallity (Cornell) he calls it the not so sissy sissy bar but his bolts on over your stock grab rail but he wants like $200 for it. but it looks exactly like the one you found

I don't think the Cornell one has a rack. It is just a backrest. The Renntech is a combo rack and backrest and is made in England. I have one and like it better than any of the others. I also have two OEM backrests and racks, one chromed and one polished. The chrome one has custom rack brackets I had made that lower the rack about two inches. Looks much better than the stock rack. Have the Renntech mounted though.

i saw one on ebay as well but it's made by Mr. personallity (Cornell) he calls it the not so sissy sissy bar but his bolts on over your stock grab rail but he wants like $200 for it. but it looks exactly like the one you found

Renntech makes models with and without the rack. Cornell is just reselling the renntech units without racks and calling them UFO products.

This looks like a nice piece. I'm going to try to pick it up with a last minute bid. Wish me luck.

I just bought this sucker. Got it for 102 plus shipping, so I'm real happy. Been looking for a butt-stop for a while, and thanks to you posting about this one m-cman, I got me one. Thank you, sir.

All best, Chris.

I think you will like it. Most of the rack/backrest setups look pretty bad. I installed a cheap backpack on mine and it is pretty handy. There are more pics in the gallery. It is now held on with clips, not the straps. Built a inner support with roof flashing, door edge guards (for the sharp edges) for the sides/bottom and fiberboard for the back. Maintains its shape no matter how it is packed.

Attachments

• Right Side 1 - R.jpg
    Right Side 1 - R.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 17
I just bought this sucker. Got it for 102 plus shipping, so I'm real happy. Been looking for a butt-stop for a while, and thanks to you posting about this one m-cman, I got me one. Thank you, sir.

All best, Chris.

great deal mine was around 180 i think plus 40 for shipping new from england

I think you will like it. Most of the rack/backrest setups look pretty bad. I installed a cheap backpack on mine and it is pretty handy. There are more pics in the gallery. It is now held on with clips, not the straps. Built a inner support with roof flashing, door edge guards (for the sharp edges) for the sides/bottom and fiberboard for the back. Maintains its shape no matter how it is packed.

That's a nice-looking setup, m-c. Thanks for the tips. I just got an email this morning and it's UPS'ed already--should get it Thursday.

Nice color on your max, by the way. Very sharp.

Thanks again for the initial heads-up.

Chris.

Latest posts

Back