Replacing rod bearings...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngzrxer

Reaction score
Little bit of reading Ive done, this seems to be somewhat common on vmaxes.....Anything I should know before getting into it? Mine doesn't make a whole lot of noise until about 2500 rpm..Just sounds like a hammer tapping on the side of the engine....
________
R27

Last edited:
If it spun a bearing you're in for a lot more work then a simple bearing rod fix. Been there and done that.

Sean

take a look at my thread under general vmax questions, for noise from rear bank. sounds similar but mine changed only with engine load, no rpm difference. the rod bearing itself is not hard to do, but as youll find, they eat part of the block when they spin a bearing. not good. i spent the last couple weeks fighting mine, but ive got a srewed up wristpin, rod(little end) and piston. good luck. sean has been more help than i thought possible, and a good guy to deal with too. He could probably tell you the nickel content of the block if you were interested and ask real nice:punk:

Latest posts

Back