Residual line pressure?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx72

Reaction score
Went to bleed / flush the clutch master the other night and had an odd experience. Opening the bleeder without touchingthe clutch lever resulted in a continuous flow of fluid, to the extent that my master reservoir was draining itself.

I don't know if I have a residual pressure issue that could create a siphon, or if some rebuilding is in order here. Ideas?

If you had the cover off and the bleed nipple open the head pressure caused by the height differential between the m/c and the slave cylinder will cause the constant flow I would think, especially if your m/c is older and a bit worn. Of course I may be wrong:confused2:

ive left my bleeder open, cap loose just sitting ontop for about 6 hrs before to help get the air bubbles out, i did have a piece of tubing on it to let it pour into a cup. it didnt drain it, dropped level down a little for sure but nothing major so not sure why yours emptied.

If you have the OEM lines sounds like it is a line failure (internal casing falling apart creating a "flap" that lets fluid flow one way but then holds pressure instead of letting it flow back the other way).

Sean

I have Galfer steel lines stem to stern on my '02. I wouldn't have found it that unusual except that I'm pretty sure I remember leaving everything open while bleeding after the stainless line install, and not having the same results.

If the last time you had your MC open the weather was much cooler, you could have some pressure built up due to the air expanding above the fluid :confused2:

Back