Resurection of a Dead Rear Fender

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
Rusty sent some parts he was just getting rid of. It's a Gold Mine for me, someone with way too much time and no life...:rofl_200:

This rear fender was shattered at the front. So badly that I super glued the pieces together before I started any further repair. I debated just forgetting this project but I couldn't resist. Rusty had packed the parts in pieces of new T-Shirts... Guess they're free to him.??? As it turned out, I didn't have any fiberglass cloth so I used a T-Shirt instead. I had some Epoxy for boat repair that's been sitting in my garage for the past 20 years just waiting on this fender...

RearFender1.jpg

After I had the glass ??? over the inside of the fender, I went to work with mainly JB Weld to build the top side back to a usable shape. Some of the missing parts of the fender were replaced during this process... Actually, as this progressed I found out just how tough my repair was., I dropped the fender pretty hard on the driveway. Not intentionally but it was better than taking the tumble myself.. Don't ask....

RearFender2.jpg

Anyway, the pictures lead you through the rough process that I followed. Eventually laying a Primer / Sealer on and then Retro Red with Iridescent Clear over it all... Not bad for the 40 or so hours I farted around fixing and painting... Saved it from the bone yard and what better place for it to end up than on SkullDuggery...:biglaugh:

Thank You Rusty and may the Gods Shine on You...

BTW: The other parts Rusty Sent are in really good shape....
He refused anything in return, What a Great Guy......:biglaugh:

I don't have a clue why the last lines are underlined....:ummm: I tried everything including signing out and back in to get rid of it but it just wouldn't go away....:confused2:

Well, I'm amazed at the work you have done. That was truely a "Resurection of a Dead Rear Fender".

Thanx Guys, I'm really happy with how it turned out.... The whole bike has been this sort of ordeal...:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Bondo doesn't even compare. For some reason, I had the industrial size JB Weld . Got to use quite a bit of it for this project. I had worried that I'd never use it all. There's hope now... My next project's a Top Cover with a Skull. It may use all that's left.. Oh No, I'll Have To Buy More...:rofl_200:

Thanx, "Little Bro". When'r you gonna get time to get with some of us????:ummm:

Thanx Rusty,

Without your kind donation of the rear fender this was a fun project...
I finished up a Faus cover tonight to match the rest of the bike...:biglaugh:

Attachments

• SkullDuggery Top Cover.jpg
    SkullDuggery Top Cover.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 9
Back