Rhoy Carter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I go this off the Houston board. Rhoy was one nice guy & loved his Vmax. Him & I were having a blast doing a little street racing a couple months ago when I was home. May he Rest in Peace.

I'm sad to inform you that our friend and fellow VMAX brother
Rhoy Carter has passed away at the age of 70. Rhoy's daughter Floy
called me today to inform me of this. Rhoy did not know of his
fight with cancer until about 2 to 3 weeks ago. He had lung cancer
that had spread to his brain. The problem with the head and brain
is what caused him to seek doctors. After only under going one chemo
treament he suffered a heart attack. He did not come back fom that.
The family is not going to have a Memorial Service. This was Rhoy's
wish as he did not want family to bear the expense of it. I learned
Rhoy had two daughters that live in the area.
If anyone want to send a card to the family:
Olga Carter (Wife)
4302 Country Club Drrive
Dickinson, TX. 77538

Damn... rest in peace dude.

i can only hope to be riding a vmax when im 70. good on him...
thoughts to his family and close friends...

peace,
evan...

I enjoyed his posts. He was thoughtful and respectful of others, and did not try to provoke other posters w/his comments. I'm sad to hear of his death.

It's sad to read of anyone's death, but this news in particular hits home - Rhoy was a steady contributor to our V-max family, and composed his final post on the last day of August. Knowing that, and given the circumstances of his illness, it's easy to surmise that this forum was an important part of his life.
I always paid particular attention to Rhoy's posts. Very little frivolity, almost all precise, serious and business-like. He only contributed when he could relate personally to the questions being asked. You could rely on his answers as being from an owner that experienced and solved the problems himself.
You will be missed. Rest in peace, Rhoy Carter.

I had several off-line carb discussions with Rhoy, he was a good guy who knew what he was talking about. Rest in Peace Rhoy.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the Carter family. :eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

Sorry to hear about another loss. I got an email from another vmax owners wife a couple of days ago that also had a member pass.

Damn, Rhoy was a great man. He will be missed. God bless.

I just got off the Houston board and was going to post this here; Thank you Kyle for tending to it.

I'm speechless, don't know what to say.

RIP Rhoy Carter

I'm doing a job over in League City right now and was thinking of him just this
morning and that I should call him and meet up for lunch. Then I got on the Houston board and heard of this news.

I visited with Rhoy on the phone about once a month. He was always so much fun
to just visit with; Lot's of good expreriences and stories to share of his life.

Rhoy was the very definition of a true gentleman, and a very kind person, I
looked up to him as sort of a father figure, although he didn't know that.

Last time I rode with him he was on an FJ1300R and rode like the dickens, I too only hope that I can enjoy life on two wheels as much and for as long as he did.

He'll be sorely missed by all of us.

Very sorry to hear this, it's hard when one of the members here passes on. It's like an extended family of sorts and Rhoy will be greatly missed. My sincere condolences to his family. Ed✨

I'll miss his cool avatar. One good long ride Rhoy! Don't have to worry about gas mileage on this one brother....

Back