Ride In Peace Ray "Sugar" Ellers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a113ycat

Reaction score
I was away for a few days, I had to go to north Texas, Borger to be exact. I rode almost 1200 miles to say goodbye to my Brother Sugar. He was a chapter founder and President of our High Plains Chapter of BACA Bikers Against Child Abuse. He was killed by a 17 year old girl that was simply not paying attention to her surroundings and ran over him. He died immediately but they care flighted him to Amarillo where he was pronounced dead. We did what bikers do for a fallen brother, We (myself and 180 others) took turns with the shovel and we buried him. This man was my friend and my brother, We all live on a razors edge every time we get on our bikes. A lot of us do some wild stuff and some of us go down because of it. This man was simply riding down the street and she killed him due to her not looking. Please every one lets not become this statistic. The world lost a great man riding for a great cause when he was taken away. :bang head::bang head::bang head:

My sympathies for your loss. Sugar sounded like a person who lived his life caring for others, and that life was stolen from him due to stupidity.

All the good that this man would have done for others is now lost....

Sad, but it happens too often, with inattentive drivers. The problem here is that the penalties for cell phone use, texting, or other dangerous actions behind the wheel is laughably small compared to the harm that these actions can do. I've nearly been knocked off my bike many times by people who were more wrapped up in something else than driving. This ALWAYS results in my getting VERY pissed at the driver, and letting them know that in no uncertain terms, but I really wonder if any lesson was learned.....

Maybe the states ought to up the penalties for distracted driving? Massive, increasing fines, and JAIL for habitual offenders...

May your brother and friend rest in peace.

Condolences and prayers to you and the family.

R.I.P. Sugar

Hope the little air head that killed Sugar gets her Karma some day:real mad:

Lew

So very sorry a113ycat,You guys musta been really close.And bless you my friend for you honered him well.Red bone is right.Sugars ride in the wind will be with many friends on the greatest road of them all.

Myself as many never had the good fortune to meet your friend Ray Ellers but as always, the loss of a fellow biker chips a little piece off of all of all of us. Ride peacefully into the next life "Sugar".

Chris.

Back