RIP John Furbur

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I was at Daytona Bike Week, this past event, I ran into John Furber. He talked a mile a minute, and regaled me with stories of the bikes he's bought and sold, and the people he's met and known while having motorcycles as an interest.

We were admiring a VMax which was as modded as much as anything I've seen, at a bike show at the Daytona Beach Indian dealer, where I met several other VMax owners. One mentioned, "John Furber's here," and I asked him to point him out to me. He said, "just look for the tallest guy standing by the VMax in the bike show, that will be John." And that's how I tracked him down. We had a great conversation, and he knew the French-Canadian guy who owned this VMax. He told me, "this in well-done, but his G.F.'s VMax is out in the parking lot, and it's nicer!" Well, I never did get to see that bike, but discussing bikes in general, and VMaxes in particular, was a lot of fun. John, thanks for a good visit, and godspeed to you on the smooth roads you find in heaven.

John Furber VMax.jpg

John Furbur was a good man - I bought a couple of items from him and had some questions about vmax. He was quick to respond anytime I needed to ask him a ? RIP John Furbur (Sportmax)

John and I traded and sold each other parts for many years . I called him a Jew it was a running joke between us. If he called I would usually say what does the jew want now or he would holler its the Jew as soon as I picked up.lol he stayed at the house with us numerous times in his travels chasing bikes. I can almost still picture him standing in my garage.

...his travels chasing bikes. I can almost still picture him standing in my garage.
He told me, when he was speaking to me at Daytona Beach this year, that he had just picked up some car in Boca Raton I think it was, which isn't far from me in Miami. Of course there was a story behind it, he was good at those. Some old Corvette I think, maybe a C2.

Back