rizoma led signals

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmioton

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Rizoma Zero 11 LED turn signals? I'm thinking of ordering a set from PJ's Parts.

With any LED signal, you'll have to at the very least pull the bulb from the turn indicator lamp on the dash, otherwise power will backfeed through it and you'll have super fast 4-ways regardless of switch position. Pull the bulb and only the desired side will flash, but at a super fast rate.

You can use diodes to preserve the indicator's function as well.

To get the flash at a normal rate, you either need a load box (which just simulates the load of incandescent bulbs), or an aftermarket flasher relay designed for low draw LEDs. Custom Dynamics has stuff like this. You can make this work, but you'll lose the self-canceling feature(which I've never even noticed, I remember to turn them off).

Also check if they're dual wire lights. If they're just single(many are), you'll lose the running lights on the front as well.

I had considered this, but it seemed like too much hassle, so I just got some ones I like (Bikers Choice mini bullets) that used regular bulbs. Ask Sean about the catalogs he's a dealer for. I got all four for around $70.

RA is right on the money about getting your led signals flashing correctly.

Radiants and others sell a "dual element circuit" which can be wired into a set of two wire led signals to make them function as running lights also. I believe they were around $6 each. I used these to turn some led bars into a custom tail light.

I have the Rizoma zero 11's from PJ's Parts and they are BRIGHT! (They come with everything you need, true plug and play, to mount up and go! Also, with the supplied resistors the flash rate remains as stock signals. They are far brighter and very much more noticeable than the incandescent aluminum bodied units from Python I had.
As you know they are not cheap, one signal costs as much as four of the Pythons! Sean has the aluminum bodied units as well.

Last edited:
http://www.harrisonspecialties.com/...oduct_Code=Black_MB_Amber&Category_Code=MiniB

I have these all the way around. I put the diods behind the flash indicator, easy and cheap, and I like the fast flash. They are visible enough for me and dual wire. I also found them on ebay so I paid fifty for the entire set of four including shipping.
I just put a set of those on the back of my bike. They are very visible and well constructed, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Got them on ebay in black.

I just put a set of those on the back of my bike. They are very visible and well constructed, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Got them on ebay in black.

I put a set of these on my bike this winter. They are OK bright-wise but I got slammed at inspection this spring and rejected. Had to put the lollypops back on to get a sticker then remove them. They told me I need to have DOT approved with a lens cover over them. But that's here in Communist Massachusetts.

Garrett, are the incadescents you're promoting DOT approved?? I assume you didn't have any problems at inspection time?

I put a set of these on my bike this winter. They are OK bright-wise but I got slammed at inspection this spring and rejected. Had to put the lollypops back on to get a sticker then remove them. They told me I need to have DOT approved with a lens cover over them. But that's here in Communist Massachusetts.

Garrett, are the incadescents you're promoting DOT approved?? I assume you didn't have any problems at inspection time?

nah they don't have a DOT on them but i have a tendency to find. um.. lenient. inspection stations

With any LED signal, you'll have to at the very least pull the bulb from the turn indicator lamp on the dash, otherwise power will backfeed through it and you'll have super fast 4-ways regardless of switch position. Pull the bulb and only the desired side will flash, but at a super fast rate.

You can use diodes to preserve the indicator's function as well.

To get the flash at a normal rate, you either need a load box (which just simulates the load of incandescent bulbs), or an aftermarket flasher relay designed for low draw LEDs. Custom Dynamics has stuff like this. You can make this work, but you'll lose the self-canceling feature(which I've never even noticed, I remember to turn them off).

Also check if they're dual wire lights. If they're just single(many are), you'll lose the running lights on the front as well.

I had considered this, but it seemed like too much hassle, so I just got some ones I like (Bikers Choice mini bullets) that used regular bulbs. Ask Sean about the catalogs he's a dealer for. I got all four for around $70.

I changed to LEDS as well and before i installed the resistors i didn't notice any issues with that 4 blinking issue. I just noticed a faster rate all over, and it would toggle left and right like normal but just at a faster rate... I always got that question every time i read that about the diode fix on the turn signal indicator bulb...

The mini bullets I put on don't have DOT markings and I didn't have any problems with inspection...got mine done at the local Beeeeeeeemer dealer since I detest the local Yamaha shop.

Back