Robot mason does bricklaying quickly

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
You have to see this in action: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-robot-could-build-much-of-your-next-house-2016-11-01

Once commercially available, this amazing robot will be capable of laying approximately 1,000 bricks per hour, which means that it could build the entire shell of a building in just two days, rather than four to six weeks of hard labor needed for a human crew to complete the same task.
Hadrian X is the second iteration of the house-building robot from Australia-based Fastbrick Robotics Ltd. that could disrupt the $1.3 trillion global construction market and slash the cost of construction.

I can see some issues yet to be solved, such as where are the columns for the foundation to top tie-beam structural reinforcement? Where are the corner columns? And how-about the 'ladders' being inserted in the course of CMU blocks? I don't think this technology is there yet, but it's impressive for what they have been able to do to this point.

MW-EZ205_fastbr_20161101144202_NS.gif

Automation is the future.

We know there is testing in food service and there has already been a paid payload of beer delivered by a driver-less truck OTR. Maybe a good occupation for the future would be robotics and automation software. It's the natural progression of things when we get a bunch of entitled dicks wanting $15.00/hr to pass you a shitty burger through a drive up window. Just like moving jobs outside the USA, it sucks for USA workers but it makes pretty good sense for the shareholders.

What a slick machine that is!

I swear my eyesight is still good, but I opened this thinking the title was "Robert Mason does bricklaying quickly".

I was expecting a brief plug for someone's bricklayer friend! lol

Lays 'em down fast for sure!

Where's the mortar?

Wonder how well it would do laying out the 1st course on a foundation that isn't perfectly square or level? Footings are rarely perfect.

Lays 'em down fast for sure!

Where's the mortar?

Wonder how well it would do laying out the 1st course on a foundation that isn't perfectly square or level? Footings are rarely perfect.

I was wondering about that too....looks like a bonding agent applied to the top edges but no mud in between???

Gonna be a breezy dwelling!

It's getting pretty amazing what they're doing with automation. I suspect this is just one piece of the process. They can leverage multiple machines for specific tasks and those machines can communicate with each other so they know each other is doing and what needs to be done.

They've been doing a lot of research with the quadcopters and building stuff. Really fascinating technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvN9Ri1GmuY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2itwFJCgFQ

Latest posts

Back