rotor thickness

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollin thunder

Reaction score
I checked my rotors today and I may have some bad ones.My book says the fronts are 5mm to 4.5 and back 7.5 to7.0 .My fronts are .180 wich is 4.5 and the rear is .270 wich is a little shy of 7.mm .they dont give you alot of room for wear here .020 thousands is not alot of wear .I found a set of fronts and rear for 240.00 on e bay.

Not sure if this is a question ore statement?

Given that they are still within the wear limit then I'd be inclined to note the mileage and then re-measure again in (say) 1000 miles.

You should then be able to extrapolate how far before they are below the wear limit.

That said, if you need some justification for some sexy wave disc's 'on the grounds of safety' then go and replace them!:thumbs up:

I've never bothered measuring them and never needed to replace one based on that. BUT, if you want good rotors if you hurry we can get a deal on the Galfers. Buy the front pair ($550) and get the rear for free!

Sean

I was just wondering if that is something that gets checked when you get the bike inspected.

not likely......they "usually" stop at the pads around here.....short of scoring obviously......and they check most EVERYTHING here...they love to find out-of-spec/shot steering head bearings though amonst other things..........

Is there a easy way to check steering head bearings?.

Yes. The bounce test.

But if you want to really check for smoothness, you'll want to take off at least the front wheel (and even better the forks as well) to feel for bearing grind.

Lastly, take your triple tree top off and take a good look!

Latest posts

Back