Round 2,cheap clear clutch cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
About a year ago I tried to make a clear clutch cover for my Max...LONG STORY short I rushed it and failed...half ass job led to a big ass fail.

The main issue is I used a Venture Royal clutch cover I had, and unknown to me the Venture cover is slightly more shallow than the Max so there was clearence issues that led to sealing issues that led to me giving up until I could afford a second VMAX (not venture) clutch cover to do it with.

Anyhow I got the new one and did this thing!:eusa_dance: Tommorow Ill install it and well get the final test as to how well it seals...

I etched the Vmax logo on it just for show.

Total cost so far rounded very UP=$120 just because I didnt have any suplies when I started.

Attachments

• DSCN0124.jpg
    DSCN0124.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN0126.jpg
    DSCN0126.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 101
Looks great :clapping:, Hope everything seals for ya. I know all too well about working on something only to find out later it didn't work.

Nice job your done there :clapping:

How do you like those?

coversfinal.jpg

About a year ago I tried to make a clear clutch cover for my Max...LONG STORY short I rushed it and failed...half ass job led to a big ass fail.

The main issue is I used a Venture Royal clutch cover I had, and unknown to me the Venture cover is slightly more shallow than the Max so there was clearence issues that led to sealing issues that led to me giving up until I could afford a second VMAX (not venture) clutch cover to do it with.

Anyhow I got the new one and did this thing!:eusa_dance: Tommorow Ill install it and well get the final test as to how well it seals...

I etched the Vmax logo on it just for show.

Total cost so far rounded very UP=$120 just because I didnt have any suplies when I started.
Man you are a pretty handy dude!!these covers are wicked cool!:clapping:

Here's one I made a long time ago. You can remove the clutch plate assembly through the lexan cover
leaving the clutch cover housing undisturbed.

picture.php

about a year ago i tried to make a clear clutch cover for my max...long story short i rushed it and failed...half ass job led to a big ass fail.

The main issue is i used a venture royal clutch cover i had, and unknown to me the venture cover is slightly more shallow than the max so there was clearence issues that led to sealing issues that led to me giving up until i could afford a second vmax (not venture) clutch cover to do it with.

Anyhow i got the new one and did this thing!:eusa_dance: Tommorow ill install it and well get the final test as to how well it seals...

I etched the vmax logo on it just for show.

Total cost so far rounded very up=$120 just because i didnt have any suplies when i started.

very sweet.....

I've got a few of those clutch setups that the lockup was modified from. The shorter cover that was used before must have been from the venture 1200 engine (83-85) as they are the same on the 1300 engines (just use a different insert) starting in 86.

I will be offering the modified clear covers sets (or singles) starting after the first of the year. Prices and a new thread on it will start at that time. We could start a new thread and start getting orders in advance. What kind of price range would you like to see? We will be making them with good lexan and stainless rings as seen in the pics. Other options will be engravings (personalized available) as well as illuminated lighting. Stay tuned.

Sean

oooooo now i'm excited. i might be in for some depending on price. Would you do it with a core exchange sean?

as far as price i have no idea what to even ask for. i know the otec stuff is about $1500 - $2k for the set and thats way out of my range.

i think i would offend someone if i even guessed at a price, not sure what is actually invovled in the fabrication.

Well, I know the price will be well below the Otec stuff since we aren't making billet master pieces. We will be offering this on an exchange basis (and not usually done on customer cores since we will be doing them in 5 set orders most of the time). There will be options for the engraving as noted which will be done on a custom order basis.

The first set of these will be seen at the Toronto show on a now famous "Toxic" bike! There will be some additional work but will let it stay a secret unless Jim wants to show the prelim pics.

As noted. I will go ahead and start a thread on it. Prezmek - can you post your pics of the covers for us there too. Prices won't be on there until we get everything sorted out on these first couple of sets.

Sean

Alright so it took a long time to get it all sealed up but to the best of my knowledge its is indeed SEALED.So here it is...the final product installed.

Not nearly as pretty as billet and all that jazz but for $120 Im not ganna complain

Attachments

• DSCN0131.jpg
    DSCN0131.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN0132.jpg
    DSCN0132.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 62
ace, did u use a new gasket? where was it leaking, if at all, when u first put it on?

very very very nice work overall.

I bought a roll of gasket maker and traced the clutch cover itself and the lip for the lexan to sit on and made gaskets for both,each bolt is threaded and has an O-ring at the base.

The entire thing leaked until I rubbed a little silicon on the gaskets so make them seal better.

After that the bottom of the clutch cover leaked because I didnt tighten the bolts down enough.(Ive broken a few bolts lately so I left them too loose out of paranoia)

After tightening them up no probelms.

Back